Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Robohelp 10: TOC & Index Links To External Content Display A Blank Page

Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We recently upgraded to Robohelp 10 and are noticing that any index keywords & TOC entries that link to external content (i.e. another website, or another webhelp project) display a blank page...however, if you right-click on the entry from the index or TOC, it displays properly.  The issue appears to be affecting IE users only, Chrome users do not experience the same issue.  Has anyone else come across anything similar, and come up with a fix for IE?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of IE? There are a some hacks out there to deal with IE10 and IE11 issues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've tested in both IE 8 & 9..and have the same issue with both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RoboHelp Technical Team,

I am using,

RoboHelp10

IE9
MSVS2010

Tried with below option,

Flash Help
Flash Help Pro
Web Help Pro

Trouble in,

1. When we are displaying content with option 'OptionConstants.CSH_DISPLAY_CONTEXT' it only show topic and it won't show me the TOC along with current topic selected page.

2. When we are displaying content with option 'OptionConstants.CSH_DISPLAY_CONTEXT' it only show topic with 'Show' link. When we click on 'Show' link blank page get display.

Please assist to resolve it.

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AnilsKale – first, you realize that these forums are user-to-user; not Adobe staffed, right? Second – what output are you actually trying to create here? The “Pro” ones are only used with RoboHelp Server, so unless you’ve got that installed, it’s not going to work for you. Have you checked other browsers to see what effect that has on the external links?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am using Win7. We have checked with Mozilla firefox. It works fine when used with RH development studio.

When we tried through our application it is not opening with firefox by default. It always opens with IE. I did proper setting to set default browser in win7 still it does not work. Any help will be approciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@AnilsKale - so what help output are you producing? It sounds like you're creating WebHelp. I have noticed that launching WebHelp through a context-sensitive help call always seems to launch IE even if the workstation's default browser is FF or Chrome. I suspect that there's something in the coding of the tool that launches CSH that's setting the browser to be used. Please report it to Adobe using the bug/wishlist form: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried with 'Flash Help' option. Same problem persist.

Site Area Temporarily Unavailable => https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don’t deal with FlashHelp (not a lot of people still using it) – try the Flashhelp forum. If the bug reporting is down right now, try again a little later; they’re probably doing some maintenance on the site.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jeff_Coatsworth - Thank you. Forum sites is up and I have posted the all my queries there. I will try using WebHelp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

RH10

IE9/FireFox

Win7

Using -> FlashHelp

Resolved - Getting blank page and "Allow Blocked Content" issue with the help of "Flash Player Settings Manager".

All Programs->ControlPanel->FlashPlayer->"Flash Player Settings Manager"->”Trusted Location Settings”

We have added folder path of local help into the trusted content using setting manager.

But for end user how it can be done? Will it be possible to do same settings programmaticaly using C#.NET?

Thanks in advance,

Anil Kale

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe – but you’ll need to check that out in the Flash Player forum; it’s far beyond FlashHelp here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have 7-questions all together at,

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1333540

We welcome, if you address all of them!

Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NaomiV - have you tried applying the suggested fixes to your WebHelp output and testing again?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you clarify "Suggested Fixes"?

I ensured that we had all the latest RoboHelp "Updates".  Is there something else we should be checking for?

We also tested in IE10, and confirmed that the issue persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2014 Mar 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

See http://forums.adobe.com/message/5877684#5877684

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp