Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Next Previous Feature

Apr 04, 2007 Apr 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I have information in my database 50 something and counting and I want to display this information 10 at a time on my web page, I want to set up a Next and Previous link so users and sort through the information. So for example when the page loads I want information 1-10 to be displayed and when the user clicks on "next" link the page displays 11-20 and if the user then decides to click "previous" link the page will then display information 1-10 again. If anyone who knows how to do this can help me, Ill appreciate it. Thank you.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
There are a number of ways to do this. Here's one. In addition to the start, you may want to pass any FORM fields entered by the user in the URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a nice tutorial on record set paging

http://tutorial47.easycfm.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of ways to do this. Here's one. In addition to the start, you may want to pass any FORM fields entered by the user in the URL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried to access that page and got a message saying that page cannot be found. Maybe the URL changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Copy and paste it into Notepad and save it in your document root as thisPage.cfm. You will have to modify the query to point to your datasource, etc. Note that I edited the original page, so use the current posting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hey jdeline thanks for the help so far, well right now on page load its displaying the first 10 information but there is no "next" "previous" link showing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

View the page source. Do you see something like this:
<A HREF="thisPage.cfm?start=11">Next</A>
and
<A HREF="thisPage.cfm?start=41">Previous</A>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, this is what I see in my page source:

<A HREF="thisPage.cfm?start=11">Next</A>

<A HREF="thisPage.cfm?start=1">Previous</A>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are simple HTML anchor links. And you say they are not showing up in the browser?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
sorry about that it works, the thing is I had a bgcolor and the bgcolor was actually the same or pretty close to the same color of link, so I couldn't see the link lol well thanks for the help I really appreciate it. sorry again for the mix up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation