• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Oops this document couldn't be opened

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2013 Oct 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting Oops This document couldn't be opened on my Kobo once I've transferred my books over, they show on kobo as blacked out squares, what am i doing wrong.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you authorized the Kobo?

While it is plugged in to a computer running ADE, it should appear in the left pane.

use meny/Help/Authorize Device  to copy authorization from the computer to the Kobo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, yes I've done that, I've checked on the Adobe Digital and it says my Kobo is authorised and i've checked my setting on the Kobo and that says its authorised, both ID's are the same. Thank you for trying to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this apply to all books or just some?

It could be a bug/limitation on the Kobo.

When I had a Bookeen Opus I found a small number of books that it could not read,

even though ADE could read them, and other books (including DRM ones) worked fine on the Bookeen.

Luckily, they were not books I was that keen to read ...

I have not had similar issues on my Sony PRS-350.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, that's good to know, I though I was being totally dumb, not being able to get it work. I've just received an email from the supplier of the books that I bought  and they are giving me a refund, I will try and buy them again from another site. thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It might be worth signing up with your local public library to borrow some eBooks ~ at least you can experiment with reading DRM books free that way ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines