Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to access shared folder while using <cfdirectory> with list action

Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Coldfusion MX and trying to access a shared folder across the network for listing its contents using <cfdirectory>

Even though the shared folder is accessible via normal windows actions (i.e., got to run and type \\server-name\folder-name, i am able to view the contents and access the folder contents) but unable to access via cfdirectory. Also DirectoryExists() method returns false. This is so weird.

I have checked the share properties for the folder in that server. everything seems fine as i am able to access the shared folder via windows.

Clueless as to why cfdirectory doesn't recognise this folder in remote server.

Can someone help with this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This sounds like a permissions issue. I recall reading that the ColdFusion service itself needs to be modified so that it runs as a user in the domain of the networked drive, and with the necessary read/write permissions to the mapped drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have already faced the same issue while writing a file in shared path. This is because ColdFusion service runs by "local" user which doesn't have permission to access the network of your computer. If we can change the login user of the ColdFusion service then you can able to perform your operation on shared path.

For more details and steps to change the login user of a ColdFusion service please visit the below link:

http://coldfusion-tip.blogspot.com/2012/02/file-write-operation-on-shared-path-on.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation