• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Books Appear to be Frozen Upon Opening them in ADE

New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I've recently downloaded several coursebooks from Edmond Montgomery Publications, using a code I was provided when I purchased the physical copy. The download requries the books be used on Adobe Digital Edition. The electronic copy shows up in my library, but when I open the book it is essentially frozen. I cannot change the page, scroll or anything of the sort.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

J

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Some people have scrolling issues such as those with ADE 2.0/2.0.1

~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank i

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2013 Oct 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weirdest update. So I can move the scroll bar on the right side of the page, but it does not actually change the page. When, however, I set the side bar to a particular page, then either maximize or minimize the window, then the page changes. Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 01, 2013 Nov 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some people have scrolling issues such as those with ADE 2.0/2.0.1

~~~~~~~~~

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much, the old version works! You've saved me a lot of trouble, thank you again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines