11 Replies Latest reply on Nov 3, 2013 12:00 PM by A.T. Romano

Bugged audio playback? When I start working with more than 1 audio track.

Tascruel

Hi!

I have been using premiere elements 12 for editing FullHD videos.

Brand new for me just bought it like 2 weeks ago.

Now during the last couple weeks I have had this MAJOR proglem with editing the audio.

This problem is headache and turns my simple editing into almost impossibilites.

I have had this problem with all my projects. _ALL_

Usually the problem seems to appear when I want to start working with several audio tracks.

At somepoint my projects just get ruined, I simply cannot hear the audio tracks.

The audio starts to disapear randomly from all the audio tracks.

It is not only playback problem. When I exported the video, the audio was partly missing, same as the project.

I have tried to look help on forums and search all what I could find, but havent been able to solve this.

Small fix has slightly helped:

I export audio to single track and bring it back to project. This works but I still usually have more editing to do.

I simply cannot understand why the playback disapears, I fear it is a bug.

I found lot of earlier version problems on people with similar type of problems, but no help for this version of program.

To solve the matter I have changed my audio setting in PE12.

Tried Premiere Elements WDM Sound and ASIO4ALL V2, but same problem on both.

I have looked up that my audio playback device and PE12 matches, and are not muted, and volumes maxed.

I have deleted my C:\ appdata\roaming\adobe  premiere elements & premiere elements 12 folder preferences.. not helping..

I press the update pretty much everyday hoping for new version.. But yes, program keeps telling me its the latest.

I usually only work with 3 audio track maxinum. And I am doing really the most basic stuff here..

I have set all my audios to foreground and it has given me best results, but it does not seem to take the problem away as at somepoint randomly my audio playback is missing again, randomly across the playback.

Please anyone? I am feeling hopeless here.

Info on my computer:

Operating system: Win7

Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) x4 955 processor 3.20 GHz

memory (RAM): 4GB

system: 64bit

<moved from downloading, installing, setting up forum by mod- kglad>

Message was edited by: kglad

• 1. Re: Bugged audio playback? When I start working with more than 1 audio track.
          Barbara B. Level 7

Hi, Tascruel. I'm sorry to move your post again, but this is the Photohshop Elements forum and almost nobody here uses Premiere Elements. I'll move you to the PRE forum, since you'll get much better help with this there.

• 2. Re: Bugged audio playback? When I start working with more than 1 audio track.
            A.T. Romano Level 7

Tascruel

Let us start with some basic questions.

What are the properties of your source media other than "Full HD videos"?

Video and audio compression, frame size (assumed 1920 x 1080), frame rate, file extension, progressive or interlaced frame rate?

What are you or the program setting as the project preset in the new project dialog. See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and its Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size readings.

Do the problems persist if you start a new project? Do you find the audio problems develop when the Timeline content is fairly well developed or can the problems occur when there a minimal amount of content of those tracks? Let us look at the size and duration of this project.

Is there any evidence that you are accidentially moving the audio track rubberband to alter the audio volume. That rubberband is the orange line that runs horizontally through the middle of the audio clip when you are looking at the wave form display style of that audio track. The rubberband represents audio volume.

More later.

Looking forward to your follow up.

Thanks.

ATR

1 person found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Bugged audio playback? When I start working with more than 1 audio track.
              Tascruel Level 1

First of all, thank you for replying my message!

I will go and try to answer best I can.

Source media properties:

Progressive frame rate, I record this from a game.

Recording program: dxtory

codec: Lagarith Lossless codec

Format: avi

Frame width: 1920

Frame height: 1080

Data rate: 1990656kbps

total bit rate 1992192kbps

Frame rate 30/frames/seccond

Audio of video properties:

Codec: PCM

Format: 16bit, stereo

Bit rate: 1536kbps

Channels: 2(stereo)

Audio sample rate 48 kHz

In addition to that I use wav files for music and narrate

Music files sizes 20-50mb

bit rate: ~1411kbps

In total sizes of audio involved is usually something like 300mb

What are you or the program setting as the project preset in the new project dialog. See Edit Menu/Project Settings/General and its Editing Mode, Timebase, and Frame Size readings.

I opened new project and this is what i got:

Editing mode: HD 1080i

Timebase: 25,00 frames/second

Frame size: 1920 x1080

Audio is 48000 Hz

(I dont know how to change these, btw. Program don't seem to let me change editing mode.

I also looked up my most recent project and found these settings:

Editing Mode: DSLR

Timebase: 30,00 frames/second

Frame size: 1920 x1080

..and same audio settings