• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Catch 22. Help me fix this please

New Here ,
Nov 03, 2013 Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I upgraded windows to 8.1. It fixed all sorts of problems I was having so that was good.

But then I was getting flash errors telling me I wans't using the right version.

so I tried upgrading to the 8.1 64 bit version. It told me I was already running that version.

So then I thought, fine - I'll uninstall it completly and reinstall. I used the uninstaller program I downloaded.

it said it worked.

it didn't as I looked at my 'programs' list and there it was. So I uninstalled it from the programs list.

Poof. It was gone.

I went to reinstall it.

Can't install because it claims I still have that upgraded version. it's nowhere to be found on my computer anywhere.

I've got nothing and I have no idea where to go from here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't need to install Flash Player on Windows 8.x; it is already embedded in Internet Explorer 10 / 11.

To update Flash Player you run Windows Update.

If you uninstalled the embedded Flash Player, you need to download it from the Microsoft site.  Sorry, I don't have a link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up figuring how to to a system restore to a previous date and started over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines