• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color changes on recording

New Here ,
Apr 04, 2007 Apr 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I record a movie, the colors in my screens look correct. However, when I look in Preview or export to .swf the colors in the screens change. I tried clicking Use Once Color Palette. But, it does not work. The only thing that seems to make the screen colors correct is choosing Video Quality-Optimized, which makes my movies five times larger (from about 1 M to 5M).

My boss can capture and export a movie and it looks fine without the additional Optimized setting. When she opens and exports a RoboDemo file I captured, the colors still change. So, it is something to do with recording the movie.

My boss is using Windows 2000.
I am using Windows XP sp2 with IE7.
We are both using RoboDemo 5.

Any suggestions?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 05, 2007 Apr 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kleventhal, and welcome to the Captivate (and RoboDemo, I guess) User Community!!

Going to a higher quality setting for the slide background - as you have by using the "Optimized" setting - is/was the only way to correct a problem once the recroding is made.

The problem is that RoboDemo is trying to accomodate more colors than its palette can handle, thus the color-shift, or "washout" you see. Often, you can get by with increasing video quality on just a slide or two in front of the ones with the most noticeable color propblems - but sometimes the whole movie must be optimized, if the color shift is a widespread problem. And "Yes", increasing color or video quality will increase file size a great deal.

You can help to minimize the problem by minimizing the colors on your desktop (of the machine being used for recording). For instance, use Windows "Classic" desktop color schemes instead of hte default "XP" with its many, many colors. NOTE: This is almost certainly the reason why your boss isn't having as much trouble as you are - he or she is using Win2K and I suspect, the "XP" gradients are not available on his/her machine.

To change your own PC to fewer colors, right-click the desktop and select "Properties", then open the "Appearance" tab and select "Windows Classic Style" from the Windows and Buttons" drop-list. Then go to the "Advanced" button and eliminate the two-color schemes from all title bars etc.

RoboDemo 5 is years old now, and so out of date that the programmers for it are long gone, and there are just a few of us left who still have it, or can remember it's quirks and foibles. I strongly recommend an upgrade to Captivate 2, but if you choose not to, we will do the best we can to help you right here.

Have a nice day!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2007 Apr 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thank you for your assistance. We never could get the colors right. I think it has to do with my video card.

I downloaded the trial version of Captivate 2, and the colors look good. So, to stop the madness, my boss has decided to buy Captivate 2.

Now I just have to figure out all the bells and whistles. It's a little overwhelming. But, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Thank you again for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources