Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro CC and missing audio tracks for .mts files

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I used to edit my .mts files with Premiere Pro CC without any issues until yesterday.

Now I import my .mts file (made with a Sony VG900) but Premiere doesn't recognize the audio tracks (that I can hear just fine with VLC).

I tried changing the extension in .m2ts but it didn't work, I also tried reinstalling Premiere but, again, it didn't work and I tried (I was desperate) to install Premiere CS6 just to check if maybe the problem was just about the CC version. Guess what? It didn't work...

I tried also converting the file with Encoder in .mp4 but after the conversion I can't hear the audio with VLC and, of course, it doesn't work on Premiere.

Do you think it's a Premiere issue or a file problem?

I used those same files for other videos (like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1X5vsZ-5yI) and I had no problems. Then I updated Premiere, I moved the files in other folder and the problem came to life.

Any idea?

(I'm waiting for my colleague to send me a new mts file just to check if I accidentally damanged the old ones).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 21, 2016 Nov 21, 2016

See the solution for issue #1 in this doc: Known issues in Premiere Pro CC 2017 (November 2016)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you find a solution after a month or still not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. And I'm waiting for an response from adobes support since then.

The only workaround: importing the clips one more time, as relinking wouldn't help. In my case, the clips had their audio at first. I used them in the timeline, every thing was fine, until I had to relink some of them. There the trouble started. Some had audio after relinking some not. I had to cut parts of my film all over again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My problem is quite different.

I was starting a new project with files I had already used for another project. Nothing change. Just the position because I moved the folder in another folder. That's all.

I tried even with a new .mts file. Nothing happened. Premiere is still seeing it as an only video file without audio.

Now I'm trying to do a fresh install of the all Creative Cloud Suite. I refused to format my new pc because of this crazy issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But they worked first, then you moved them, now the audio is missing?!

What folder hierarchy - did you move the clips in prem pro or on your hard disk?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, they worked. Every mts clip I had was working until yesterday. I made a lot a video with them and had no problem.

I had a "Games Week" (an Italian video games event) folder in my desktop. Then I moved it in my website folder, I updated Premiere and got the damn problem.

I also made a new clip with the camera, imported on my pc, opened in Premiere and still no audio. Even if it's a new video.

It's like hell. I have a lot of work to do and I'm wasting my time trying to fix this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see the waveforms for the clips?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I don't.

When I import the files and put them in the timeline all I see it's the video tracks. No audio tracks.

It's just like if there's no sound for Premiere.

I unistalled all the Creative Cloud suite, used the Adobe Cleaner and now  I'm trying to reinstall it but I'm not very confident.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Report back once completed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just throwing it out there -- but it may be an issue with the Windows version --- another poster last night had the same issue -- and I tested his file on my system (Mac) - as I am working on a project solely with mts files - and the audio worked fine for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have worked on Windows 8 without problem since I bought my new laptop.

I can't believe that after 4 months Premiere just decided that it doesn't like Windows 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is unlikely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I reinstalled the CC. Still not working. I'm pretty desperate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's getting worse.

Now VLC seems to have some difficulties playing .mts files. I can see pixels -.-''

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 87arya,

Please try to rename and import one of the files and M2T and check if you are getting audio or not.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already tried. I got the same problem.

I also tried to convert it with Media Encore into an .mp4. The result is a video with no audio at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 87arya,

Please post a screenshot of your timeline after importing the clips.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cattura di schermata (21).png

Here's the screenshot. The first file is a mp4 video (and the audio works fine as usual), the second one on timeline is the .mts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 87arya,

It seems from the project panel that the MTS file do not have an audio. Please mention whether you have just copied the files from the camera card on your computer hard drive and then imported the clip in Premiere pro or you imported the clip directly from the camera card using media browser?

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used that very same file for another project last Friday and it had audio track.

I copied the files to my pc from the sdcard. They worked fine until yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 87arya,

The MTS file in the screenshot has no audio, please try to rename the file and save it to some other location and then import it or if possible import the clip directly from the camera card using media browser.

Regards,

Vinay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried but nothing changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you care to upload the problem clip, I can test here.

https://www.depositfiles.com/uploader_flash.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update to 7.1, allready?!

In my case  - which was kind of similar to your problem, just me using MacOSx - the problem is gone! I now can relink the mts/avchd clips and they come with audio this time! Thanks, Adobe!! 

PS: I offlined the clips (those with audio missing), then re-linked them again - voilá!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines