• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Presenter 8 deleting media.ppcx files

Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two presentations where Presenter 8 keeps deleting the media.ppcx file, so the audio cannot be synced to the slides. This seems to be isolated to just 2 presentations I have. 

My biggest concern is how do I fix the Presenter file to prevent this from happening again. I can re-record the audio on these two presentations, but I want to be sure the media.ppcx file won’t just be deleted again.

What can I do to fix Presenter and/or these Presenter files? 

TOPICS
Presenter

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Presenter are you using? Is the presentation saved on your local drive or a shared drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Presenter version 8.0.1 Build 260.

The presentation is on a local drive. I do share it via Dropbox between desktop and laptop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my experience, even working from files in a Dropbox folder can cause weird issues. This may be related to the updating of those files with the DB servers, but I'm not totaly sure. If you can, I'd recomend moving the PPT(X) and the folder with the same name as the PPT file to a location other than Dropbox and see if it works. If not, you can see if you can get an older version of it from the Dropbox website, to see if something corrupted during a rewrite or update to the files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried the moving off the Dropbox folder for the second of the corrupt Presenter files. I found a back up of the audio and tried again. Even off of Dropbox, Presenter still deleted the media.ppcx file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Odd. I haven't experienced a deleting of the PPCX or audio since Presenter 7.0.0. It may be something that Adobe could look at, if you wanted to dedicate the time to work with them, and find an answer as to why the deletion is happening. I'm guessing you don't even have time to do a Save As and make a new file before the PPCX is deleted?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

I require a few more details

1. Which version of PowerPoint are you using?

2. The presentation is a "pptx" or a "ppt"?

If the issue is presentation specific can you package the presentations and send it to mkalyanp@adobe.com ?

Thanks

Mahesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources