Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading Flash Builder from 4.6 to 4.7

New Here ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I'm currently using Flash Builder to develop iOS and Android application. Last iOS7 version has caused some issues in my application and I want to see if upgrading Flash Builder and AIR SDK to latest version will be fixing them.

I've seen that upgrade is free if I've bought 4.6, which is the case. So i filled and sent this form: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=aqd5Yq*ONlcAvnasuWDB8w#

I then receive an email saying "Your request for a complimentary upgrade to Flash Builder 4.7 has been received. You will receive additional information from Adobe Customer Care within 48 hours."

Then I receive another one saying "With  this response, we believe your issue is resolved and have therefore closed your  case 0211769917"

But I didn't get any news from an update available or something.

Could you tell me where I can get it or maybe contact them back so I can re-open the ticket?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

I think I've solved this...

You need to check your 'My Adobe' account. If you look under 'My products' you should now have a new Flash Builder serial number for version 4.7.

It doesn't seem that an email with a new serial number is sent out.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2013 Nov 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same response after submiting the form for the Complimentary Upgrade. Were you able to resolve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, still no answer.

Do you know if I can find any email/phone number to reach the Adobe support directly? I mean something else than a FAQ or a forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2013 Nov 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In our case, the email response was being sent to our buyer's email address, not the developers, from the original purchase of Flex builder a few years back. It also happend that the inbox for this email was not being monitored. We had to call Adobe to have the account information changed. Once corrected, we did receive the codes by email. I cannot locate the phone number at this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I've solved this...

You need to check your 'My Adobe' account. If you look under 'My products' you should now have a new Flash Builder serial number for version 4.7.

It doesn't seem that an email with a new serial number is sent out.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Damian, I think you're right. I've still received no email, but I've found the serial key under My Adobe menu as well.

I'll try to apply it on the trial version asap as you suggested and tell you if this is working or not.

Thanks again !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming that you need to download the trail version of Flash Builder 4.7 and use your new serial number with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I've installed Flash Builder 4.7 Premium using Creative Cloud platform and everything seems fine.

I had a panel after lauching it asking me to enter the serial for both Flash Builder 4.5 and 4.7.

Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 04, 2013 Dec 04, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I have a question in about where to currently download Flash Builder 4.7 the non creative cloud version but no response yet.  If I do not want creative cloud - any ideas for a download link?  Or should I just go through the creative cloud process and my serial number for 4.7 will work on it?  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to download it using Creative Cloud and didn't find any other way to do so.

You won't have to enter any serial number since you will have to log in to CC (and serial number is already account-bound)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ended up going with the creative cloud installer - which is very  nice!  It installed Flash Builder 4.7 and then it was the trial version -  so the next time I opened it it gave an option to add a serial number -  which I did and that worked.  So I think we are good - back to normal and still not paying for creative cloud - which I might do some day 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines