• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot connect to mail server with ColdFusion 10

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am doing some research on converting from CF9 to CF10.  I have installed CF10 Developer Edition on my workstation.  For some reason I cannot connect to the Mail Server from CF 10 Admin Page (Connection Verification Failed from Mail Server Settings page).  It is working fine with the same settings within CF 9-I have both CF9 and CF10 Dev Edition installed.  Has anyone else run into this?  I am not having issues connecting to dbases or other external sources, so I do not believe it's a network connectivity issue, however in mail.log I am getting the error below:

"java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: Connect" 

Why would this be a problem with CF10 and not CF9?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dave7273,

What is the SMTP port. By default it is 25. Change the Server Port as per your mail server.

Also, please select the Verify Mail Server Connection option to make sure ColdFusion can access your mail server.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit_Kumar,

Thank you for your response.  The SMTP port is set the same as it is in my CF9 Admin.  I also tried to verify mail server connection and received the message "Connection Verification Failed".  So it seems like it is an issue specifically with CF10 as the settings appear to be identical to CF9.

Thanks again,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your email server have a whitelist of IPs that it accepts SMTP from?  If so, you'll need to add the IP address of your CF10 server.  In my organization, the IT department has to add IP addresses to the whitelist for my CF servers to allow them to send email through the IT mail server.

-Carl V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Carl,

I do not think this is the case considering CF9 and CF10 are on the same workstation. We haven't loaded this on a true development server yet as I am doing some preliminary testing with CF10.  It's possible we may not have the issue with CF10 once we get it out on the Dev server.  I thought it was weird that CF9 works fine locally and CF10 does not.

-Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

In ColdFusion Administrator please check the 'Enable TLS Connection to mail server' and 'Enable SSL connection to mail server' check box. Try to verify once again.

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anit,

Checked both of those options, and still received the Connection Verification Failed message.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dave,

Are you still getting "java.net.SocketException: Network is unreachable: Connect" in the mail.log. This error seems to be due to the network. Are you able to connect to the mail server outside ColdFusion from the same server. Do you have CF9 and CF10 on the same server? Can you try after turning off the firewall?

Regards,

Anit Kumar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, the error is the same and it does make sense that it's network related based on the error, but I can connect via CF9 and ping the mail server without issues.

CF 9 and CF 10 are on the same workstation (this is development version on local workstation, not on a real server per se).

No, I cannot turn off any firewalls or any other configuration changes.

At this point, I am going to see if one of my colleagues can install CF10 and see if they have the same issue.  Or we just wait where we can install it on our true development server.

Thank you for all your suggestions,

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation