Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Expanding Images - Possible

Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2007 Apr 05, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

To save some real estate on the topic, I was wonder if the following is possible.

I would like to reduce my images to a Thumbnail size, have the user mouse click on the image to expand to the original or pre-defined size (whatever works).

I checked various java script site with no luck. Can somebody point me in the right direction.

Thanks
CRO

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CRO

I suppose one way to do this would be to select the thumbnail and either make it a DHTML Drop-Down or popup. Then insert the full-sized image into the DHTML Drop-Down edit window, or pop up the full sized image.

Just a thought... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Rick,

Thanks for your suggestion, that is what I' am doing right now; it works but is cumbersome. I would like some coding to expand the image.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this one. On mouseover of the image in the topic, it substitutes another image.

http://www.dynamicdrive.com/dynamicindex15/domroll.htm

I haven't tested it in RoboHelp.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like the code and the result of your solution, Peter. It works just fine for me in RH6. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2007 Apr 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad it helped and thanks for confirming it works in RH6. I think I'll add that link to my site as I too thought it was a nice bit of code.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just found two gotchas with this method.

It doesn't work if the image filename has any spaces in it.

It has problems with different size images.

In Dreamweaver, you have to remove the size attributes of the image and then it works, subject to no spaces. In RH, even removing the size attributes it seems to apply the size of the first image to the rollover image.

I'll look at it again later but for now, beware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In RH the script seems OK provided you have no spaces in the image file name and the images are the same size.

If the rollover image is larger, you can make it work by removing all the size attributes but RH "helpfully" adds that code back in. I haven't tested with a smaller image but my guess is it will stretch it.

Maybe another script is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp