Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm having problems trying to install flash player 11 on OS X 10.9

Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried multiple times to install the latest version of flash player (V 11.9.900.117) on my MacBook AIr which is running OS X 10.9. I have downloaded the installer, clicked the option to install Adobe Flash Player, I've then clicked to open the installer.

Install Adobe Flash Player > Open 'install Flash Player' > Initializes > Update Flash Player Preferences     - This is where the problem happens

When it comes to the 'Update Flash Player preferences' This is where I hit a problem, it says 'choose your update options:' ... The three options that appear are:

Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)

Notify me to install updates

Never check for updates (not recommended)

There is a tick-like button next to each of the options, the flash installer doesn't allow me to check or uncheck any of the boxes and when I move the mouse cursor over the next button, it 'pops' out but when I click it, it does nothing. Has anyone else had this problem? If so have you managed to find a way around it or know how to complete the install?

Thanks.

aandy14            

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd let it go with the default selection of the three choices, because you can ALWAYS change it to whatver you prefer in your Flash Player Global Settings (accessed via System Preferences)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this isn't my main problem, my main problem is that when I click the next button; nothing happens. It's almost as if I haven't clicked anything as the button doesn't change states.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follow these steps: How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X

Using the FULL installer, you don't see the update choices during the install process. (I know this to be true. I just did "clean installs" on 10.6.8, 10.7.5, and 10.8.5 machines last night)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines