• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Windows 8 Wiggle / Jitter brush stroke. (Wacom Cintiq Companion)

Explorer ,
Oct 09, 2013 Oct 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new Wacom Cintiq Companion Windows 8 version.   I normally work in Mac, so I've never encountered this. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq5NB3fk0iQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3Q-4YD698

This ONLY happens in photoshop (even CS6), NO other software (Sketchbook pro, painter, art rage, etc)

I tested my Cintiq out in a field, away from phone away from anything that could wirelessly interfere, STILL this happens.

What the hell could cause this?  It's driving me INSANE!  I've tried everything, reinstalling wacom drivers, reinstalling photoshop CC, installing older wacom drivers.  Disabled all custom brushes in photoshop, enabled brush smoothing, Disabling Windows ink, enabling recognition mode. Enablign / disabling / dialing down mouse acceleration and disabling / enabling "enhance pointer precision" Disabling / enabling GPU photoshop acceleration, updated Intel graphics 4000 drivers.  No one else seems to have this problem.     The stranger thing is, I tried on OTHER windows 8 / 7 machines with a regular wacom Intuos tablet and i see this SAME issue.  

Any insights?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We only tend to see Cintiq owners with problems here, rather than solutions.  It is such an appealing item of hardware and I am sorely tempted to splash out, but I am loath to risk that sort of outlay on an item that seems to be so problematic. 

http://forum.wacom.eu/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14584

Head on over to the Wacom forums.  I am not sure if this user ever found a fix, but you can at least commiserate with other people with similar problems.

Please let us know if you fix your problem.  Wacom just 'might' make anothre sale if you do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've posted this issue on the wacom forums but wacom has offered no solutions that actually work.  Just the ususal.   My wacom cintiq companion has NO other monitor attached to it! In the resolution settings it just shows ONE monitor, and that monitor is #1.   The user who created forum post said they solved their issue by disabling all other monitors and graphics cards, and setting the cintiq to the primary monitor.    My Cintiq Companion IS a monitor and has no others attached.  That's why I'm baffled. But it still doesn't even explain why I see this issue on an INTUOS 5 tablet on 2 seperate windows machines.     My 2008 Mac Pro plugged into the same Intuos 5 tablet has ZERO issues.

I want to elimate Photoshop as the cause, but I'm not sure, because Photoshop is the only thing that doesn't work right, everything else does.

This whole fiasco has reminded me why I switched to mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All that I have tested:

I think this is a either a wacom or adobe problem, and it's probably not affecting just me. I've tested too many computers / wacom devices today for this to be isolated hardware incident.

Cintiq Companion Windows 8, Photoshop CC, Latest Wacom Drivers = JITTER

Cintiq 21UX on a PC Windows 8, Photoshop CC, Latest Wacom Drivers = JITTER

Intuos 5 on ANOTHER PC with Windows 7, Photoshop CC, Latest Wacom Drivers = JITTER

(all fresh installs of Photoshop CC)

Cintiq 21UX on MAC, Photoshop CC, Latest Wacom Drivers = NO JITTER

Intuos 5 on Separate MAC, Photoshop CC, Latest Wacom Drivers = NO JITTER

All other software (Sketchbook Pro / Corel Painter / ArtRage, etc) On Windows and MAC = NO JITTER

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I talked to Wacom, they seem to think it's Adobe Photoshop that has the issue. (big surprise)  Although this may be the case, since all other drawing software including Sketchbook Pro, Painter, MS Paint isn't doing the wiggling.   

What's the best way to discuss this with adobe?

Here's what the guy at Wacom said.

Thanks for the information. Photoshop, SketchBook, Painter, all have access to the same positioning and driver information that is available. Adobe has stated they have an upcoming update that will be released for Photoshop that will improve performance with pen-on-screen devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a Genius tablet with CS5 and CS6 on 2 different laptops and I have the same problem.  Has anyone managed to find a fix yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2015 Mar 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

life1972 wrote:

I'm using a Genius tablet with CS5 and CS6 on 2 different laptops and I have the same problem.  Has anyone managed to find a fix yet?

Lazy Nezumi Pro  No tablet user should be without it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found same issues on my new companion.

Reminded me why I replaced my PC

For a Mac to work on my Cintiq 24hd touch.

My only conclusion is that there is a lack of compatibility

Between adobe and windows. A question that remains

unanswered is why no one is capable(or willing) of closing

that gab of communication between the

Products. I remember reading of others struggling with these same

issues for quite a few years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2013 Nov 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem on my companion too, the jitter is very bad making Photoshop unusable. I have not had this issue with any other software which leads me to believe Wacom when they say that it is an Adobe software performance problem affecting pen on screen devices. I hope that Adobe produce a fix soon as I had wanted to update to the new version of Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been following Wacom/Photoshop isues for a long time now, and I honestly don't think it Adobe that is causing this, as the Wacom forums all seem to point to OS and video card issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the new Cintiq Companion? I have seen a problem related to the 24HD  using external monitors but I haven't seen them saying anywhere that the companion has os problems. Also why is it only Adobe that is affected if it is a video card or os issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no can draw next month I'll be 73 my hands not that steady don't have a cintique but I do have a intuos 5.  Photoshop brush setting are quite extensive and the default setting are not the best for me. In the brush panel have you tried playing with the settings. Particularly the spacing setting with smoothing 1% seems to be smoother and have less jitters. make sure the jitter setting are 0 in things like shape dynamics and transfer. Your video looks like you have a lot of latency also. I don't with small brush sizes with my intuos...

noartist.jpg

Spacing

spaceing.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been testing a bit more and it seems that the problem for me is in the way that photoshop is re rendering an image after any zoom or navigation action is used. Brush strokes at first look good but when I zoom in and then back out again they look awful from then on. If I save the rough looking brush strokes they appear smooth again after reloading. I am attaching images of before and after zooming in PS and Manga studio (which is pixilated but still looks smooth)

Capture.JPG.Capture2.JPGms1.JPGmszoom.JPG

Photoshop is the only software that does this to me. It is impossible for me to work without using zoom so if anyone can tell me which software (PS, Wacom or Windows) is at fault and how to solve this I would be very grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be Photoshop may be your video driver may be how you zooming.  Photoshop may or may not be using your GPU to soom. In Photoshop preference performance page try turning off GPU support se if it make any difference. If it does you may want to turn it back on and play with video cards device drivers settings

video.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this issue. The first few lines I make are fine, then it gets jittery and never stops being jittery for the rest of the time. It's completely a photoshop issue, because it isn't present in other drawing apps. Nor is it related to smoothing those other apps may be applying, because I checked that. The jitter is too severe to be eliminated by smoothing of any kind; it's completely unusable for drawing. jitterbug.jpg

Smooth lines on top left become jittery crappy lines on the bottom right.

Windows 7

Intuos 5 Medium with 6.3-7.6 drivers

Photoshop CC, all updates installed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2013 Dec 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rolled back to 6.3-6.3 drivers and the issue seems to have abated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 11, 2014 Jan 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many people complaining about this issue on Wacom forums also, and some also say its present on Intuos tablets.

I use an Intuos 4 L on Windows 7 64-bit, PS CS6, and never had this issue until I got a new PC with all the latest drivers. For me, rolling back to the drivers I used before fixed the issue.

http://us.wacom.com/en/support/legacy-drivers

6.2.0w5

Normal Cintiq tablets can also use these drivers and a few people already have said it fixed the issue for them too, but I'm not sure if these drivers work with Cintiq Companions so someone will have to try that out yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines