• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Usiong a Samson USB Mic with Captivate 2

New Here ,
Apr 06, 2007 Apr 06, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a nice, new Samson USB Condenser Mic, and it's input is WAVE In—Captivate looks at Mic In or Aux In.

Any way to have it look at WAV In?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not that I know of, but WAV IN sounds like a very unusual name for an audio port ... so maybe I am missing your question and/or the conditions of your PC audio. I can say that for years, the potential problems between Captivate and USB microphones have been well documented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you go into the system, and use the Windows Input control, the Samson mic is seen as a device. When using the recording controls, you select the Samson Mic as the audio device, and the levels are set on the Windows mixer using the WAV controls.

Hope that makes sense...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is info on the Mic—says it will work with any DAW software application—thats a new one for me...

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1810&brandID=2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 07, 2007 Apr 07, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Webopedia:
quote:

Digital audio workstations take advantage of the subjective nature of hearing and sound by simulating sounds that once could only be produced with a musical instrument. Digital Audio Workstations simulate instrument sounds or provide special effects with such accuracy it's hard to tell the difference.
Apparently the compatibility with DAW software they speak of is a reference to any software that creates digital sound ... I'm guessing of course.

What I can tell you is that either Captivate recognizes your mic ... or not. If not, the only advice I can offer is to try another. I wonder, having looked at the image of your mic, if it is even a unidirectional (single-direction) microphone. It looks like an omni-directional mic from the image.

The reason I mention it is because I normally recommend a uni-directional mic so that ambient sound (background noise) is reduced, and sound coming from the lips of the speaker is enhanced (for voice-over audio purposes).

Sorry that the best advice I can offer is to use a trial and error process until you find a mic that works with Captivate. As I mentioned earlier, this issue is a long-standing one for Captivate ... it just doesn't play well with all microphones, though it does get better with each new version.

Have a good weekend!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2007 Apr 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Larry,

Do you do any Company training on Captivate?? I could not get http://www.pcabcs.com to come up. I am interested ??

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 10, 2007 Apr 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yes, RW-EPS, I do Captivate training.

Sorry about PCABCs.com - and Captivate-Tips.com for that matter. Both are "in work" ... I'm kind of in the middle of updating/rewriting web-sites right now and everything is "half-done".

Contact me by clicking the "Send Private Message" link under my name at left, or you can use this email address:

larry (at) captivate-tips (dot) com
(the above address is parsed and annotated to fool the spiders)

Thanks for asking and again, sorry for the sorry state of my web sites right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources