Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cold Fusion Site Not Even Requested?

New Here ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am a web developer, but I do not use Cold Fusion, so I come to the experts on this one. I have a client that wanted me to review a website and I cannot get the page to even attempt a load. It literally has nothing but a blank page and refreshing resolves too quick to actually be fetching the site. I saw the site load in his browser on the smart phone, so I know it loads for him.

I used a webpage analyzer on it, so that is the only way I know it is in CF. It was able to fetch pages and URLS.

Has anyone seen this sort of behavior? If so, what causes it? I have used FF, Chrome and IE. One time, out of all the times it gave me a cert warning, but when proceeding again.. blank page.

Thanks for your help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 05, 2013 Nov 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, let me just say it's 'ColdFusion' (one word, vs. two)

If you're using Chrome, press F12 and check the Network tab, what HTTP status code comes back from the request?  I'm intrigued to figure out how a web page analyzer knows a page is ColdFusion.  Unless you can see the actual filetype in the URL, the data that is returned by the server usually doesn't indicate the application server language.  It's one thing if the code is generating links to the CFIDE directory, but I'd be interested in knowing how this analyzer "knows".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Noted on the ColdFusion separation mistake 🙂

The web anayalzer brought back files with the externsions .cfm, that does mean ColdFusion, correct? I haven't encountered anything in my PHP world like that.

F12 network 1 requests  ❘  177 B transferred  ❘  104 ms (load: 148 ms, DOMContentLoaded: 148 ms)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, .cfm means the file is CFML.  It's hard to explain, but think of ColdFusion as a Product that processes CFM/CFML.  There are open source solutions out there like Blue Dragon and Railo which can process .cfm/.cfml files, but it doesn't necessarily mean they are using the Adobe ColdFusion product.

Let's say I called: http://localhost/mypage.cfm

On the NETWORK tab, you'll see a NAME column (probably says 'mypage.cfm') and a STATUS column.  I would like to know the value returned in your STATUS column, to ensure it returned a 200 or 304 (cached) response.  Anything in the 4xx or 5xx indicates an error.

As for the initial page load coming up for him but not you, there could be a myriad of reasons why.  Obviously, you are operating in 2 different environments, but for an example, the server he's running off of could be requiring some form of authentication, and if not provided, aborts the request (white page or browser error page usually returned).

Knowing the status of your request will tell us if the server is replying to the request or encountering an error and preventing it from fulfilling the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the small rundown on the ColdFusion product.

The reponse was a 200, it thinks the page loaded fine.

As far as two different environments? I cannot access it on my laptop either. A lot of the same environment variables exist on both, but I have never had anything quite like this out of any page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a public URL we could visit?

Offhand, I've had CF render white pages when the server-side connectors aren't setup quite right.

When the page comes back, if you do a right click in the blank area and click VIEW SOURCE, is there any content that is returned at all?  Or is the content of the page empty as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There has never been any content shown in the source file, and I apologize I should have included that in my first post since these are things I would have already done.

Here's the URL http://www.winanssansupply.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The page comes up just fine for me.  Looks like this might be an issue on your end.

Are you able to use another internet-connected device in your house and request the URL.  You said you used FF, IE and Chrome on your computer and they never loaded, sans a 1-time cert warning.  What type of network do you have that you are testing this on?  Wireless?  DSL/Cable?

Can you try running FF in safe mode or Chrome in Incognito to see if there perhaps is an extension you have installed that is interfereing with this request?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No extensions enabled has been tried. Other devices have been tried (laptop). I am on a Wireless Network/Cable.

Since I have never encountered this, it surely has me baffled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you temporarily put your computer's IP address into your wireless router's DMZ and test again?  This should hopefully put the PC "outside" the functionality or altercations that this network node may be having on the request.  Definitely an odd issue.

I take it you've cleared your local cache files as well?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't want you to think I have abandoned this discussion. I am in another location working on something today. I will try the DMZ when I return to my regular work station.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2013 Nov 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

I know it has been some time since I posted. It seems my daughter just couldn't fight the urge to have my grandson :-), and other various real life disasters.

Have no idea how to break this gridlock. It is becoming increasingly frustrating. I added to the DMZ, no joy. I connected to another network and no help. I added the site to all exceptions everywhere that I could think of (AV etc) and nothing. I have a laptop that is running a different OS but same other configurations, and it will not display it either.

I can view it fine from my phone, and I could go to another location to view it, but now I am on a mission to find the issue with this environment. I don't want to get in a situation in the future. Since I have never had this to happen for any site whatsoever (that I can remember) and I have had the same setup for about 8 years I am at a total loss.

It would behoove me to finish the mystery and post my results here. Someone in the future my benefit from the thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation