• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why isn't After Effects CS6 compatible with Mavericks?

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting an error message when trying to use After Effects which I just bought in the Production suite saying it is not compatible with Mavericks.  Where do I get the newest version that works?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't it compatible? Because CS6 was created long before Mavericks was around. However, Adobe released the 11.0.3 update to CS6 over a month ago to make CS6 work with Mavericks.

I'd like to point out that CS6 is a legacy version of their software and Adobe doesn't have to provide anything to users of CS6 yet they are still fixing bugs in it. I think that's pretty cool of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Er yeah they do. For some customers it's may not even be a year old! CC only came out in June

Forcing people to switch is not the way to win future custom.

A lot of people may have bought plugins that are only CS6 compatible and would have to rebuy for CC.

Whilst I like CC's payment structure, I can see that going subs only is going to annoy a lot of companies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

prowl wrote:

Er yeah they do. For some customers it's may not even be a year old! CC only came out in June

I get that, and that's part of why Adobe is still providing updates, but a lot of companies won't provide ANY support for a legacy version once a new version is released. All I'm saying is that I'm glad Adobe is doing the right thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, it's got nothing to do with 'doing the right thing' When you bought CS6 - you get a year of Support including fixes etc. Same with almost all other apps.

Lets see what happens when 22nd June 2014 rolls around.  I can almost gaurentee that the they will only fix stuff if it stops working completely say in OSX 10.10 or windows 8.2 or whatever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Where do I get the newest version that works?

Install the update:

http://adobe.ly/AE_CS6_1103

> Forcing people to switch is not the way to win future custom.

No one is forcing you to do anything. If you like After Effects CS6 and want to keep using it, go ahead.

We're still selling and supporting After Effects CS6, and we're still putting out bug-fix updates for it. We put out the update linked to above, which has more than a dozen bug fixes, and I'm working on another right now that we're thinking will probably have a few more fixes (especially one for a problem with the Spanish version on Windows 8.1).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure I was saying that Adobe are NOT forcing people to switch.  People may have only bought software in May for example. You are not making them move over to CC.

Fixes for a lot of the older suite happend for many years, and I expect that will still happen. but there won't be any new features in CS6.

Like I say the Subscription model is great for single freelancers etc... You always have the latest software and as a sub, it's 100% tax deductable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I Purchased this version this past week after looking into the CC version.  I get disbursements from our company to purchase items and can't set up a recurring debit but have to have a full receipt to turn in.  So if the only thing that is going to happen in the future is CC then this may be the one and only time I purchase your product.  Not every company likes ongoing debit projects but wants to buy out the product for their team members. 

MergeLane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines