• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CC - some keyboard shortcuts not working

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some of the keyboard shortcuts are not working.

Tab (shift-cmd-T) works once after selecting it from the menu thereafter it don't work until you select it from the menu again.

Align text:

Left (shift-cmd-L) don't work

Right (shift-cmd-R) works

Centre (shift-cmd-C) works

Justified (shift-cmd-J) works

Is it just me or is anyone else having the same issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved from the Creative Cloud to the InDesign forum. They will be able to help you here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 21, 2013 Jun 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Similar post yesterday tracing the problem to the system settings using those shortcuts....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem. W for preview mode is another I desperately miss.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W for preview should cause no problem in InDesign CC. It works fine for me on a Mac running Mac OS X 10.8.4.

I would check Edit > Keyboard Shortcuts and see if you might have reassigned that keystroke.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good tip. i didn't even know that existed but sadly the default set has [none defined].

Screen Mode: Preview --- [none defined]

I'm also a Mac running Mac OS X 10.8.4.

Do you know if there is a way to replace or update the default set without manually editing each messed up/missing one? I have never made my own shortcuts and would hate it if InDesign CC makes me go in and and assign them. So I'm guessing my default set is messed up. Here's a link to the txt file that opened when I had [Default] set selected and clicked Show Set. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/632538/DefaultSet-of-Indesign-shortcuts_seems-wrong.txt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be more precise, the keyboard shortcut "W" is to toggle between Preview and the default view mode. It's for the five previews shown at the very bottom of the Tools panel. Its found under a different part of that huge list of shortcuts as shown below:

ScreenPreview.jpg

There is no default shortcut for Preview mode under View > Screen Modes > Preview or any of the other modes listed there.

If you see the shortcut W listed where mine is, and if that's not switching to Preview, you might try restoring your preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2014 Oct 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Steve!!! No need to tell I've tried all and everything (restarting, reinstalling InDesign, deleting preferences in the Library,...) when your solution is the most obvious and working one!!

I fixed my zoom shortcuts:

I went to "Edit", "Keyboard Shortcuts" and made a new set of shortcuts (copied the default). Then picked "View" and scrolled down to "zoom in" "zoom out". Entered my known shortcut: option++ and option+-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem and on my system, it turned out that various programs had reserved keyboard shortcuts for their services. I found that Google Chrome had taken the shortcut Cmd+Shft+L to Search with Google, for example.

Go to System Preferences, Keyboard and then choose the Shortcuts tab. In the left column click Services and then look in the right column for shortcuts that have been redefined. Just redefine them to other keys or just remove them alltogether.

Hope this helps other people too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, Johnny! I can't wait to try this when I get home to my computer. I've been using CS6 and avoiding CC just bc of not wanting to deal with that shortcut problem. Sounds like an easy answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines