• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Version for 2.00 GHz processor

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a laptop with an Intel i7 Core Processor running at 2.00 GHz. I use Windows 7 Home Premium. I use Firefox 25.0, but my problem has caused flash to crash on serveral versions of Firefox.

What is the latest version of Flash Player that will run on my processor? Also, if I use that version how do I keep it from asking to upgrade. Upgrading the computer is not an option at this time.

Thanks for the info

DanB333

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Core i7 is a "Quad core" so the 2.00gHz is actually 8gHz total. (2.0 X 4 cores)

11.9 will run on a 64 bit Win 7 machine with a Core i7. I have two Win 7 machines. A core i5 and a Core i7. BOTH run FF 25 with 11.9

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info. My Flash Player keeps crashing. I have done everything in the support section. Both Flash and Firefox are the latest versions. Any suggestions.

DanB333

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My "old" win 7 machine was doing it all the time too. Here's what I did to remedy it:

Download the following files by right clicking and selecting "Save target as" or "Save Link as".

Flash Player Uninstaller

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save ALL files to your Downloads folder - DO NOT RUN anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything else, go to your Downloads folder and run the UNINSTALLER to remove all instances of Flash Player.

Next, run the ActiveX Installer.

Lastly, run the Installer for other browsers.

Once Flash Player is installed go to: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/#sp

Download BOTH files, the one on the right FIRST by right clicking and selecting "Save target as"or "Save Link as"... the other by clicking and following the steps to download the FULL ActiveX installer.

swfull.jpg

Once everything is installed, see:Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer  and: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer  to make 100% sure that Flash Player is enabled and NOT being blocked by ActiveX controls.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, Flash player works in Foxfire, but not IE 10, which I do not use unless required. The last step to install the Shockwave player on Interenet Explorer/AOL installs Shockwave Player 12.0.5.... It wasn't easy to install. I had to copy the hyperlink and paste it into IE to install. It also was a lite version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I put in a request to have them update the link so it reads "12" instead of "11".

Did you go over EVERYTHING here?

Enabling Flash Player in Internet Explorer  and: ActiveX Filtering in Internet Explorer

The ActiveX filtering is key.  It may beed to be toggled a couple times to take effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mike, I reinstalled everything again and found out I have been reading the AxtiveX incorrectly. When I turned it OFF it works. Thanks for your help.

DanB333

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike, I spoke too soon. Flash has crashed three times in the hour. DanB333

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines