Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem adding vhost administrator

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys,

I am using FMS 4.5.5 on my windows 7 PC.

I was able to add server admin on the FMS 4.5.5 but when I am trying to add a vhost administrator FMS admin console doesn't wan't to allow me in.

When I am trying to ping the server with server admin credentials (http://localhost:1111/admin/ping?auser=admin&apswd=adminadmin) it returns

<result>

<level>status</level>

<code>NetConnection.Call.Success</code>

<timestamp>11/8/2013 10:55:08 AM</timestamp></result>

But when I am using vhost admin credentials (http://www.host311.com:1111/admin/ping?auser=host311&apswd=password12) which have already been created I am given this error

<result>

<level>error</level>

<code>NetConnection.Connect.Rejected</code>

<description>Admin user requires valid username and password.</description>

<timestamp>11/8/2013 10:57:26 AM</timestamp></result>

Application.xml and Vhost.xml have been taken from the ...\Flash Media Server 4.5\conf\_defaultRoot_\_defaultVHost_\

Vhost.xml has been modified accordingly. (<AppsDir></AppsDir> is picking up the right directory)

Users.xml file has been taken from ...\Flash Media Server 4.5\conf\ and appropriate user has been added to the file:

<UserList>

<!-- This tag defines an administrator for the server. -->

<User name="host311">

<!-- Password for this vhost administrator. -->

<Password encrypt="false">password12</Password>

<!-- This admin can only connect to the server from the specified -->

<!-- hosts. This is specified as a comma delimited list of        -->

<!-- hostnames or domain names, and/or (full or partial) IP       -->

<!-- addresses. For example,                                      -->

<!-- "foo.yourcompany.com, macromedia.com, 10.60.1.133, 10.60"    -->

<Allow></Allow>

<!-- This admin cannot connect to the server from any of the      -->

<!-- specified hosts. This is specified as a comma delimited list -->

<!-- of hostnames or domain names, and/or (full or partial) IP    -->

<!-- addresses. For example,                                      -->

<!-- "foo.yourcompany.com, macromedia.com, 10.60.1.133, 10.60"    -->

<Deny></Deny>

<!-- Specifies the order in which to evaluate the <Allow> and     -->

<!-- <Deny> tags. This can be "Allow,Deny" or "Deny,Allow". The   -->

<!-- default is "Deny,Allow" which means that access is allowed   -->

<!-- unless specified in <Deny> and not specified in <Allow>.     -->

<Order>Allow,Deny</Order>

</User>

</UserList>

May be there is no more such possibility to add vhost administrators

Please advise.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Oleg Buchnev

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines