• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install RoboHelp HTML Service Releases

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to install the RoboHelp 9.0.1 and/or 9.0.2 service releases. I have 9.0.0.228 installed and the "Updates" link is deactivated on the help menu (though obviously there are two updates available). When I try to update either service release manually via the AdobePatchInstaller, I get an error messsage that the Update Failed - Updates could not be applied because updates are suppressed by the Administrator. I am an administrator on my computer and updates are not being suppressed. Is there another setting I am missing?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

FOUND IT!!! - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4758115 - this works like a charm!!!

Interestingly enough - I found this via a Google search - could not find it within Adobe's Community searches.

Thanks to Jeff for his assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes the auto-updater gets messed up – try doing them manually from here - http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Jeff, but I already tried that - the error message was from when i tried to manually update. The message says that the updates cannot be applied because they are suppressed by the administrator, but I AM an administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What o/s are you running? Since Vista, a local admin does not automatically have full rights to the entire c:\ drive; you have to give yourself full control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7 Professional with Sevice Pack 1. I'm in the administrators group "Administrators have complete and unrestricted access to the computer/domain", but for some reason, I don't when it comes to the RoboHelp service pack. IS there some setting I might be missing? I thought that since RoboHelp wasn't able to see that there were updates available, that might be the case. I need the update to fix the Conditional Build Tag issue (it's makeing me crazy), but would I be better off just upgrading to RoboHelp 10?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, they lie – right-click on your c:\ drive and check the Security tab – bet you don’t have Full Control

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried that - added myself specifically (event though the Administrators group was listed), same problem. (thank for helping me btw)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FOUND IT!!! - http://forums.adobe.com/message/4758115 - this works like a charm!!!

Interestingly enough - I found this via a Google search - could not find it within Adobe's Community searches.

Thanks to Jeff for his assistance!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That’s really cool – I don’t poke around in those other areas of the Forums. Mark your post as “Answered” so the next person that stumbles on this might have a better chance of finding it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp