Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

upgraded to RH 10; need to use IE8

Nov 06, 2013 Nov 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to RH 10. We did initial testing w/Internet Explorer 8 and everything seemed fine. However, some users are now reporting problems. (Note: we do not control IE upgrades so we cannot just upgrade them to IE 10).

I thought that we would have problems only if we used the multiscreen output but now I suspect IE 8 is the problem.

Is there anything that can be done on my end to get the project to work in IE? If not, anything besides rebuilding to make project backwards-compatible w/RH9 again?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What’s your help output flavour? It’s not clear if you’re talking about WebHelp or not. What sort of problems are being reported?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, WebHelp.

Problems are: Index not working correctly (term starting w/A will not pull up "A" terms), Search not working correctly.

The problem is not consistent. Some people have the problem and some do not; however, they do have IE 8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like different browser security settings, not the version of IE, that’s the problem. Can you reproduce the issues yourself?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I have 2 machines and can duplicate on one of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should add: some settings on the machine w/the problem are controlled only by sys admin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it definitely sounds like browser security settings – you need to establish your minimum settings and publish that knowledge so that sys admins can configure the client browsers to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I am fully patched. The problem is inconsistent. For example, yesterday I could see some problems and now they are not there, and I changed nothing on the machine.

Do I need to step back to RH 9?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s nothing to do with RH – nobody’s experiencing issues with IE8 – it’s IE10/11 and Chrome that have problems right now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK--but you do mean IE8 WITH RH 10, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Chrome was working fine a month or two ago for my pages. Now I'm getting nothing, endless flickering of the "Stop loading this page" button and tab loading icon. Is that the current problem with Chrome that you are referring to?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and both Willam and Adobe have released a fix (which turns out to be the same) – check this thread: http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp/kb/webhelp-output-fails-load-chrome.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: It appears that output didn't get moved correctly to the server. We have reuploaded the output and things appear to be working normally. I will post if we encounter additional issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one user on IE8 who is complaining about a flickering screen. Should I try the fix mentioned above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could try it, but that fix was for Chrome, not IE8 – if nobody else is experiencing it, I would suspect a browser setting on the suspect machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jeff,

Finding fixes for RH10 is not easy. The Product Updates link on the page below takes you to a demo download page. The subsequent "See all downloads" link shows you all 5 billion adobe products.

http://helpx.adobe.com/robohelp.html?promoid=DINZK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bookmark this page - http://www.adobe.com/support/robohelp/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing image map rectangle borders displaying after clicking in Chrome? The image is clean to start but when you click the hotspot then the rectangle appears in orange and remains. In IE8 I get a dotted border but only while the mouse is down. In FF (latest) I get no border which is what I would expect and prefer.

I don't see this reported anywhere, wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems that IE is adding an outline. The following thread has several

suggestions to fix it:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4351827/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-border-outline-for-my-image-map-areas-when-clicked-os

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, then you can start tweaking settings to see if it has any impact – BTW, you are fully patched-up on RH10, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp