• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mac does not register that Flash Player is installed

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the lastest version of Flash Player countless times but Firefox and Safari will not register that it is installed. In my applications folder there is: Adobe > Adobe Flash Player. I cannot play YouTube videos on either browser and it is extremely annoying. I have OS X 10.8.5 and downloded the latest version of flash a few minutes ago.

When I tried Googling it, one of the things it said to do for Safari was: Safari > Preferences > Security and ticked allow internet plug-ins. The slider then moved on YouTube videos but the whole broswer including ads and related videos flashes/blinks continually and the video doesn't play and no sound plays.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Adobe/Flash Player folder in your Applications IS NOT where the Flash Player plugin resides.

It's in Mac HD/Library/Internet Plugins.

My Safari "flashes" the same way. It's annoying as all get out, so I don't view Flash content with Safari except to test things.

Go to: >System Preferences and open the Flash Player Preference Pane.

Under the Storage tab, click "Delete All..."

storagetab.jpg

Do the same under the Advanced tab.

advancedtab.jpg

They basically do the same thing, but I do both to be sure. That should clear your cache for Flash content, allowing you to stream video again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help. The flash player isn't in my Internet-plugins folder? Does this mean it's not installing correctly?

I go to adobe and click download the latest version of flash player. Open the downloaded file, it asks for my computer password and then it takes a few minutes and then says it's installed? (I did delete those two things anyway and it still doesn't work).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it's not in the Internet Plugins folder, it isn't installed.

See: How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X for instructions to do a full install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the clean install insturctions exactly and re-installed it, but it still will not appear in the internet-plugins folder. What am I doing wrong??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a new (admin) user account and try installing it under that account.

If that works, you need to repair permissions under your account (using Disk Utility).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wouldn't work it a test account so I verified disk permissions, repaired disk permissions and verifieid disk (disk itself didn't need to be repaired) and it still will not work?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:
Download this ZIP FILE

Unzip it and copy the plugin and XPT file to your Internet Plugins folder.

Then open Safari and try a Flash page like YouTube.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still makes no difference 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That.... was my "last ditch" effort.
Frankly, I'm spent as far as repair options go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the help anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines