• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Win 8.1 debugger

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where can I find Flash Player debugger for IE in Windows 8.1? Searched everywhere and came up empty. Very frustrating.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

The debug players for Windows 8 and 8.1 can be downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Oct 18, 2013 Oct 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you suggesting I need the Win 8.1 SDK to install Flash Player Debugger for IE? That certainly seems unlikely. As for the debug player links, you can't install that activeX pluggin on Win8 or Win8.1. Microsoft handles updates now, but I haven't been able to find ANY version of flash player debugger for IE in Win8.1... much less one for player 11.9.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My foult, sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The debug players for Windows 8 and 8.1 can be downloaded from http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2013 Oct 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how I missed that. Thanks. Now my new problem is that IE won't run local swfs, so I can't debug using IE from Flash Builder. I tried adjusting the security settings, but no luck. Any thoughts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 29, 2013 Oct 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a Windows 8.1 machine handy, but have you tried disabling Enhanced Protected Mode?

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2012/03/14/enhanced-protected-mode.aspx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2013 Oct 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That did the trick! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2013 Nov 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which file did you install?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're trying to debug Flash content in Internet Explorer, you'll want the latest one labelled "Windows Flash Player xx.xx Content Debugger (for IE)", here: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2013 Nov 08, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromie,

I just got a message from another thread I started saying that the file you are suggesting "Windows Flash Player xx.xx Content Debugger (for IE)", which translates to "flashplayer_11_ax_debug.exe" is wrong since it is for Windows 7.

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5827522#5827522

Let me know what you think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maria works on the installers, so she's definitely the person you want to listen to. 

I must have missed those when I looked at the page.  The naming could definitely be clearer - that should be easy to fix.

Anyway, she's right.  The debugger builds are available here:

http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/downloads.html

You'll need the Win8 installer that corresponds to the architecture of your hardware -- 32-bit (x86), 64-bit (x64), or ARM (RT). 

There does appear to be a bad link to the uninstaller for the Win8 debugger as noted in the thread you referenced.  I'll send a note out and try to get that fixed ASAP -- realistically, it will probably be Monday/Tuesday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines