• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does Adobe Flash Player 11.9 keep installing over and over on Windows Internet Explorer?

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a problem with Adobe Flash Player 11.9. When I visit a site that uses Adobe Flash Player (i.e. NBC News.com) the system keeps asking me to install Adobe Flash Player 11.9. However, Adobe Flash Player 11.9 is ALREADY installed on my system and is working fine. Each time I try to re-install Adobe Flash Player, it doesn't do anything except go through the installation process. Tell me how to stop the notifications.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, but it didn't work. Flash Player is enabled on my web browser, and ActiveX Filtering is disabled. But I still keep getting prompted to install Flash Player when I visit sites like nbcnews.com.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You've probably got cached files that keep sending outdated info to pages you visit.

Download this file: Deep Clean.zip

Close IE. Check your task manager to be sure the iexplore.exe process is terminated.

Unzip the file.

Double click the deepclean_set.bat file.

A command prompt window will open and your Disk Cleanup settings manager will open too.

Check EVERY box in the list and click OK.

Then double click the deepclean_run.bat file.

Again, a comman prompt window will open, and your Disk Cleanup will run, clearing many more files than the standard cleanup does. It WILL take a while to cleanup.

When it finishes, you can delete the deepclean_set.bat file as you won't need it again, but keep the deepclean_run.bat as it can be used to "deep clean" your disk whenever you need it. Save it in your documents folder.

Afterward, open IE again and go back to NBC. You shouldn't see any prompt to upgrade anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines