• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flash player plugin under win 7 64 bit IE doesnt install

New Here ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a acer laptop with win 7 64bit. i am using microsoft internet explorer 11 and want to install the flash player. the installclient install the activex version (32 bit) but it doesnt insall the plugin version. all the other pluggins are in 32 bit as well. I dont know why but the work. what do i do wrong? what can i do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 09, 2013 Nov 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you download from here: http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

The javascript in the page will determine a 64 bit system and download the proper plugin.

NOTE: If you visit the page with IE, it will lead you to the ActiveX plugin. If you use Firefox, Opera or Safari, it will lead to the "other browser" plugin.

The 64 bit IE will access the ActiveX pluigin via the WOW64 in your C/Windows/System folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Mike M wrote:

The 64 bit IE will access the ActiveX pluigin via the WOW64 in your C/Windows/System folder.

Not quite; sysWOW64 contains the 32-bit programs; the 64-bit programs are in system32.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines