• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error - Unable to find "Adobe PDF" resource files

New Here ,
Feb 06, 2012 Feb 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When attempting to create a PDF from a "dot DOC file" I receive "Unable to to find Adobe PDF resource files."  As part of the message the dialog box asks if I want to run install in repair mode.  I have clicked the "yes" button but the problem remains and I cannot create the PDF.  Clicking the "no" button does nothing but make the dialog box disappear.  I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled using my original program disc for version 7.0.

What can I do?

TOPICS
Create PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the exact same problem.

Anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to Creating, Editing & Exporting PDFs forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 07, 2012 Feb 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried opening the DOC in WORD and printing to the Adobe PDF printer? What are the steps you have been using to try to create a PDF (there are several ways and that may be a bit difference, why I asked about printing)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using MSWord 2010:

1. I select print
  2. Then I select printer type as Adobe PDF
  3. Then I give the command to print.
  4. I get a box that asks for the name of the new pdf file. I give it a name and hit OK.
  5. Then a box pops up saying: Unable to find “Adobe PDF” resource files.

Under that line it has a path leading to: c:…\Appdata\Roaming\Adobe\AdobePDF\Setting\joboptions

Under that it says “You must have Administrator privileges to install these files…”

When I go to that path, there are no files in the folder (completely empty). I’m going to try reinstalling the sw (when and if I find the darn discs).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I figured it was related to the joboptions. That is a typical problem when permissions come up. You need to be sure you have access to the folder that is mentioned. If you are administrator, that would normally not be a problem. But that is typically the issue. If it is empty as you suggest, then that is definitely an issue. You should be able to search for the files on your system. For this machine with VISTA, the joboptions that are used typically are under "C:\Users\All Users\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings". The optional ones are under "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings" for AA8 (I am logged in as the administrator). I have not checked my Win7 machine, but I suspect things are still under the users folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, I fixed it!!! YAY!

This is what I did: first of all - I am the admin.

Okay, the problem was orginally when I was trying to create a pdf from a msword doc.

Instead, I used another program (Corel Draw) to see if it would work. I got the same message, BUT this time it asked if I wanted to repair. I said "OK" and after the repair, the settings were there. Then I went back to the MSWord doc and tried to create a pdf and it worked.

Incidentally, when this originally happened, I went to the UNINSTALL area, where you can do a repair, but the option wasn't there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstall/repair is typically found in the Add Programs in the XP Control Panel. There is a different menu of Programs and such in VISTA and Win 7 for finding this. It will come up with a list of the installed software and should give you the option of uninstall and/or repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 7 and I have done repairs by going into the Control Panel and going to the "uninstall" area. When you click on what you want to uninstall, it will prompt if you want to repair it. For some reason this option wasn't there for the Acrobat Adobe. I did get the repair option through Corel Draw (when I tried to make the pdf). I've used this repair thru the control panel a few times with other programs, so I was confused when it wasn't there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some programs seem to show a repair option in the menu and others seem to require you to select uninstall and then the program gives you the repair option. Others don't have a repair option. There is also a repair in Acrobat under the Help menu as I recall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2012 Feb 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2013 Nov 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

C:\Users\All Users\Adobe\Adobe PDF\Settings

I tried this and the folder is empty, where do I go next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines