6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2013 4:03 PM by buluzzki

PR CS6 not opening the workspace on OS X Mavericks

buluzzki Level 1

I updated my early 2011 Macbook Pro (15", i7 2,2GHz quad-core, 750GB HDD, 16GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6750M 1024MB) to OS X Mavericks. First, I did not experience any trouble with Premiere, it opened as usual and everything was ok. About a week ago, I was working on a project when suddenly PR froze. After an hour of waiting it to respond, I had to force quit it. Since then Premiere started to behave in a very odd way: when I open it, it first opens the usual box in the middle of the screen (the box with the info about modules being loaded and the copyright info). Then it opens the "Welcome to Adobe Premiere Pro"-window with the usual project opening buttons. The odd thing is that the window is opened slightly off the screen, so that to be able to press all of the buttons, I first need to drag the window to the center of the screen. After I select to open a recent / start a new project, ja project loading bar shows up (partially off screen as well), after which I get nothing. There are no open windows: no workspace, nothing. I just see from the top bar that Premiere is still running, I can open all of the menus, select things there, but nothing can make any editing windows appear. This is frustrating. Any ideas what the problem might be?

Roman

EDIT: forgot to mention I have tried reinstalling, and the issue is present at least on versions 6.0 and 6.0.5.