• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VIRUS

New Here ,
Nov 11, 2013 Nov 11, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An Adobe Flash update allowed a virus to infect my computer.  Very hard to remove.  I uninstalled Flash and now when I try to install it, I get this warning message:  install_flashplayer11x32ax_chra_awa_aih.exe contained a virus and was deleted

I am unable to install flash.  Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't download any infected update from here.

Adobe isn't in the business of distributing malware, but there are literally thousands of "false" update sites that WILL install malware.

ALWAYS update directly from Adobe:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Use the Flash Player Uninstaller to remove it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I tried to download the Flash Player Uninstaller at the link you provided, I was told it contained a virus and was deleted.

I need to know HOW I can download Flash Player if I get a virus notice and it's blocked every time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mensatic wrote:

When I tried to download the Flash Player Uninstaller at the link you provided, I was told it contained a virus and was deleted.

I need to know HOW I can download Flash Player if I get a virus notice and it's blocked every time?

Disable (or better yet, uninstall) your antivirus. It's giving you "false positives" because the definitions are outdated or improperly coded. ANY antivirus that can't or won't keep their definitions up to date and accurate is as bad as NONE AT ALL, because it will prevent you from downloading necessary software updates and it WON'T catch new viruses when they pop up.

Get rid of whatever you've got and get AVG (either AVG Free or get their paid Internet Security package). They update definitions four times a day minimum, and they are accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

mensatic wrote:

I was told it contained a virus and was deleted.

That sounds very much like your computer is infected with some malware that prevents any downloads.

Can you download other installers without getting that message, e.g. http://www.malwarebytes.org/ ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines