Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Strategy in developing User Guide for company

New Here ,
Oct 03, 2007 Oct 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am currently tasked in developing a strategy for creating a user guide based on some documents that were created by a previous employee.

Preliminaries
Version Of Robohelp
Robohelp Office X5

Previous Help Documents
Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2003

My Current Strategy
After some trial and errors, I have attempted to save the powerpoint slides as WebPage, which would generate htm files that implement frames.
Next I tried to import the corresponding html file, which is performed successfully by RoboHelp. (The relevant GIF files are imported as well). In the WYSIWYG window, the display of the htm file is correct. However, when I want to generate with WebHelp, I am not able to the page correctly.

The error message is this:
Object Expected...

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Oct 04, 2007 Oct 04, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
In my opinion you're better off copying the text stright over to RoboHELP or better still paste into notepad first then copy and paste into RH. This will strip out any formatting. The Gifs should be saved as separate files then imported into RH. This will give you a cleaner result. Hopefully if you do things this way you should avoid bringing in any extra HTML which might be causing your problem....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp