Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Capture Website Pages Delay Capture Needed

Apr 03, 2007 Apr 03, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a good challenge I hope for anyone or Adobe. Imagine having a web application that you want to create a training file on. The issue is that websites open new pages with a delay and the capture opten misses the new page. Is there a facility to have two picture taken, one on the click and the other on a slight user defined delay. Better still the ability within Captivate top tell their is screen activity so that another screen shot is taken. Does anyone have any best practice work-arounds for this?
TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamie

Good suggestions. Unfortunately, all they do here is to give you a warm fuzzy that you made them.

What you (and anyone else with suggestions) should do is to utilize the Wish Form and submit them. You may visit the Wish Form by clicking here.

The Wish Form Adobe's preferred avenue for feedback such as this. Some folks may feel that all the Wish Form does is to give us an avenue where we can spout off and the messages just end up dropping into neverland or a big black hole. However, I can attest that once I began using it, I would occasionally receive notes back from the Captivate development team asking for clarification.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, forgot to add to your other question. I think best practice is to supplement your automatic captures with occasional manual captures. Watch the screen as you are recording it and listen for the Camera Shutter Sound. If you sense that something was a bit amiss, press the Print Screen key to force a screen capture. Once you have recorded, it's much easier to go back and delete what you don't need than it is to add in what you needed.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good job of explaining, Captvi8r!! I like the analogy to the brakes and accelerator on a car with cruise control. Having the abiltiy to set speed to "automatic" doesn't mean you can forget these manual controls, just that a part of your task is made easier by the cruise control.

You would never dream of just putting your feet up across the front seat when on cruise control would you? In the same sense, you should never dream of recording a Captivate movie without keeping an eye out for occasional needed use of the print-screen (PrtScr) keyboard key.

Rick said it bettter, but I couldn't resist sharing the "car" analogy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took your advice a posted on the wish list, thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2007 Apr 09, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks. We have the same problem. This would have made the decision to buy 2 a "no brainer" -- hopefully they will put it in 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources