• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using 64 bit Internet Explorer and 32 bit Mozilla Firefox: Does flash have a problem with this?

Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

It would seem that if one is using 64 bit MS Internet Explorer as a web browser and installs Flash Player for it... Then tries to use FIrefox from Mozilla (32 bit) that it becomes a problem for Mozilla?  It requires a manual install to get it working.   However I would like to know if this compromises the 64 bit install for the addin in MS IE?

Has anyone else had problems with this?  Should I just quit using Mozilla?  Or is there a way to ensure 64Bit runs on IE and 32 on Mozilla?

Am I asking the wrong questions?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are two (2) different versions of Flash Player plugin installed when using IE (64 or 32 bit) and Firefox. Since Firefox doesn't use ActiveX controls (no browser other than IE does anymore), it doesn't share the plugin. When you download Flash Player with IE 64 bit, there is javascript in the download page that detects the OS and browser and "pushes" the proper download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,

That was a perfect answer, the most perfect answer I thinkg I have seen in a forum in several years.  Thank you for being clear, to the point, and on track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I try my best to be accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines