• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Copying info from WebApp tags

Participant ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is another question about the job vacancy webapp that I've created and included in a site I'm currently developing.

Both the webapp List Template and Detail Template include an "Apply Now" button which links through to an online application form.

My client would like the information generated by the {tag-name} and the custom {tag_job reference} in the webapp to pre-populate the Job Title and Job Ref. Number fields on the form when someone clicks the "Apply Now" button.

Can anyone tell me if this this possible to do using BC? Or is it time for me to get a coder involved?

TOPICS
Web apps

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Hey there. You would put those as paramaters at the end of the links to those buttons. These ill pass through into the url and from there you can use {module_url,paramatername} in the value="" bit of the inputs of the form to prepopulate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there. You would put those as paramaters at the end of the links to those buttons. These ill pass through into the url and from there you can use {module_url,paramatername} in the value="" bit of the inputs of the form to prepopulate them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Liam. I've been trying to implement what you suggest but without any success. I'm sure I'm just making fundamental coding mistakes - the tags are obviously picking up the correct information, but all the information is visible on the Job Vacancies page - when all I want is the words "Apply Now" to be the link.

<a href="/application.html?parameter1={tag_name}&parameter2={tag_job reference}">APPLY NOW</a>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your on the list view tag name will render a full link, {tag_name_nolink}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 25, 2013 Nov 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for all this info and your help Liam - it's worked a treat! Website now launched and customer is happy that forms are working as they required. I owe you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines