• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my adobe flash disappear?

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently updated my adobe flash to the new version 11.9 ...(yeah whatever ) and i want to use it to make cartoons and stuff but i can't find it I mean the instalation went well everything was fine and it just disappeared I'm not sure if before I could open it but I really need it so I read about those problems and uninstalled and installed and restarted my computer and oh by the way my computer is windows xp 32bit and I mostly use Mozilla firefox I think 25 but it just does not appear.. Please tell me something easy to do (like delete every adobe thing I have and reinstall it or I dont know what..) So yeah thanks :))

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the following files by right clicking and selecting "Save target as" or "Save Link as"

Flash Player Uninstaller

Shockwave Player Uninstaller

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Save ALL files to your Downloads folder - DO NOT RUN anything yet.

Reboot your system.

BEFORE opening anything else, go to your Downloads folder and run the UNINSTALLERs to remove all instances of Flash Player and Shockwave.

Next, run the ActiveX Installer.

Lastly, run the Installer for other browsers.

Once Flash Player is installed go to: http://www.adobe.com/shockwave/download/alternates/#sp

Download BOTH files, the one on the right FIRST by right clicking and selecting "Save target as"... the other by clicking and following the steps to download the FULL ActiveX installer.

swfull.jpg

If you're developing Flash Content (like cartoons) and you want to "test" them, you should use the Flash Player 11.9 Projector. It's a standalone version of Flash Player for just that purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the fast reply
I download the one on the right and I install it and then what? if you could explain me in more details ;S the last steps..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mage99 wrote:

Thanks for the fast reply
I download the one on the right and I install it and then what? if you could explain me in more details ;S the last steps..

Click the link on the left (Shockwave Player 11 Internet Explorer/AOL - It's actually Shockwave 12), and follow the steps. That will install the ActiveX FULL installer of the Shockwave Plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again I installed it so what do I do now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That should be all you need.

Agaiun, if you're "testing" Flash content, use the standalone Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well how do I open my flash player now I mean I still can't find it :S . I want to open it and draw stuff but..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You CANNOT (under any circumstances) create and edit content with Flash Player. It is a PLAYER ONLY.

If you have Flash Professional, Flex or Flash Builder, or thrid party software that allows you to create and edit Flash Content, then you can "test" that content using the Flash Player 11.9 Projector.
That's a "standalone" application (you don't "install it"; you copy it to your Program Files folder, and it opens with a double click.)

The Plugins are NOT programs, and they DO NOT install to the Program Files folder. They're components of your browser, and can only be accessed when the browser is open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines