• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Flash Player 11.7 & 11.8 "System Requirements".

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player 11.7 & 11.8 "System Requirements".  => http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html

PC:                          Dell Inspiron 530S

Processor:               Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 2.2GHz

Memory (RAM):       3.0 GB

Video:                      ATI Radeon X1550 dual DVI (256MB) (H.264 decoding).

OS version              MS Vista Home Basic

Web browser ver    Firefox 22

Flash Player ver     11.7.700.224  (11.7.700.232 available)

(I don't know the performance since I haven't completed any baseline video test)

How can I determine if my Windows PC meets the "System Requirements" for Flash Player 11.7 & 11.8?  It appears highly likely it will but I want to start a discussion on how to equate multi-core CPU's with single core CPU's.  My CPU speed is 2.2GHz (< 2.33GHz) but I have a dual core.  It's not as simple as doubling my processor speed for comparison because it depends on Flash Player's utilization of multiple CPU's on a Windows PC. 

For support data please refer to:

http://solutionpartners.adobe.com/ap/products/flashplayer/systemreqs/

For Flash Player 10.3 vs. 11.8 the minimum "System Requirements" are quite similar for the CPU and the RAM is 128/64MB vs. 512MB respectively.

For Flash Player 10.3 My PC exceeds requirements for the highest resolution (1920x1080).  Therefore I'm hopeful it will suffice for Flash Player 11.8 (perhaps the highest resolution). 

Yet, for other slower dual core CPU's, how might they compare?

Minimum System Requirements

Flash Player        10.3                                  11.8

Memory (RAM)    128MB                              512MB

Graphics Mem     128/64MB                        128MB

CPU                     Intel Pentium4 2.33GHz   2.33GHz x86-compatible

Recommended hardware for optimal playback

CPU                     Intel Pent4 2.33GHz         ?

Resolution           852x480           

CPU                     Intel Pentium4 3GHz        ?

Resolution           1280x720                   

CPU                    1.8GHz Intel Core Duo     ?

Resolution           1920x1080                   

Thanks, Scott

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 21, 2013 Jul 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe has not "officially" supported the plugin for Vista since version 10 of Flash because (I'd imagine) of the limited number of Windows users who still actually run it. I have a testing machine with Vista Ultimate and I run Flash Player 11 on it, but it ISN'T officially supported.

If you have a multicore processor, your "true" speed is the sum of each core (ex: a quad core 2.1ghz machine is actually 8.4gHz in bench testing for performance). In your case you have a 2.1gHz dual core, and the minimum required is a 1.9gHz dual, or a 2.33gHz single core P4 (3gHz P4 for some systems - based on the resolution stated above it looks like a laptop requirement).
Again I know from personal experience that FP 11 will run in Vista, but that is no guarantee that it will in ALL Vista systems. Given the extremely short run that Vista had before 7 replaced it, I doubt Adobe will officially support any future version either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

actually Flash Player versions 11.7 and 11.8 do support Windows Vista, Mike M.

so you are wrong with your assessment with Vista.  see here for the requirements for Adobe Flash Player 11.x:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/tech-specs.html

System requirements

Windows

2.33GHz or faster x86-compatible processor, or Intel® Atom™ 1.6GHz or faster processor for netbooks

Microsoft® Windows® XP (32 bit), Windows Server 2008 (32 bit), Windows Vista® (32 bit), Windows 7 (32 bit and 64 bit), Windows 8 (32 bit and 64 bit), or Windows Server 2012 (64 bit)

Internet Explorer 7.0 or later, Mozilla Firefox 17 or later, Google Chrome, or Opera 11

512MB of RAM (1GB of RAM recommended for netbooks); 128MB of graphics memory

and Microsoft hasn't retired Vista support entirely until April 2017 as noted on one of their support pages on Windows Vista.  and yes I still run Vista but at SP2 level and it's as stable as Win7 RTM.  so current and future versions of Adobe Flash Player will support Windows Vista until Adobe changes their mind later on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When I posted that repsonse, the page you linked to DID NOT have Vista listed as supported, because at that time, the decision to continue support for Vista had not been "officially" made and the LATEST version supported was 10.2. I received more than a couple messages from MVP members and employees alike asking me to "stop telling people they can install 11.7 on Vista just because you could. The official position is that it isn't supported." So I posted what was correct at the time. Being as that was four months ago, your reply would have been relevant then, but I don't suppose you bothered to look at the date before you posted.

I have Vista 64 bit Ultimate SP2 myself, for testing, with Flash Player 11.9, Adobe Reader 11.0.5, IE9, Firefox 25, Opera 17, Safari 5 and Chrome 30.  I aslo run Office 2007 and Creative Suite 4, though they aren't "officially" supported anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines