Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error with "whproxy.js" when launching Help

Community Beginner ,
Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys.

Getting an error on a Win 7 machine trying to open help (she has IE10).  It gives the following error:

"Object doesn't support property or method 'request'" and then the URL points to the whproxy.js file.  It asks if we want to continuing running scripts, but won't accept either a yes or a no.

This does not seem to be an IE10 issue - I have another machine on Win 8/IE 10 that opens fine.  AND I have a computer with Win 7 and IE10 that opens fine, too.

The WEIRDEST thing about this is the message refers to "Line 137, Char 17."  But my "welcome" topic on the project is a simple one with only 26 lines of HTML code!

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Chris

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line numbers refer to a line in whproxy.js, not the topic.

My guess would be that it is a security setting. Do you have this issue when the help is located locally or also when it is placed on a webserver?

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Willam,

I copied the project onto her hard drive and she is able to open it locally.  But I'm not sure what that means?

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A recap to make sure I understand the situation:

• The issue only happens on one pc.
  • The issue only happens when she opens the help when it is placed on the intranet.
  • The issue does not occur when the help is placed on the local hard drive.
  • The issue does not occur when someone else opens the help from the intranet.
  • There are no plugins installed such as Chrome Frame (I hope this is the case)

Am I correct? In this case, it seems that Internet Explorer has an issue with the scripts in the intranet environment. Can you check the security settings? (See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/174360)

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp