• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I add a Close button to a popup window?

Nov 13, 2013 Nov 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My RoboHelp 10 project has nested popup windows (that is, I can open a popup window within a popup window within a popup window). The problem is, when I close the popup window at the lowest level, all of them close simultaneously. This is not good for navigation, particularly if the user is following instructions in the popup window and needs to go back up one popup window level.

Is there a method by which I can close each individual popup window, for example, by adding a Close button to them? In other words, can I change the format of the popup windows?

Your help will be much appreciated in finding a solution to this problem because it is fundamental to the way we want our Help to function. If a solution can not be found, we may have to change to another product to produce our Help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

You can create a close buton by creating a link as follows with the following address:

javascript:self.close()

But I'm not sure whether this will work correctly with RoboHelp generated popups.

Another question: why would you want multiple popups? Wouldn't it be better to create a popup that can tthen redirect to another topic? Having lots of windows wil become very confusing very fast.

Greet,

Willam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for your reply Willam.

Could you give me instructions on creating the Close button. For example, do I use the Insert > Hyperlink/Popup command?

Best regards.

Ian.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp