• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CS3 Install Error on new MacBook Pro w/Mavericks

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to install Illustrator from my CS3 Web Premium discs on a brand new 15" MacBook Pro/Retina. PhotoShop came over with Migration Assistant from my older MacBook Pro.

When I click "Setup" the instal starts but then I get a Startup Error "required resources missing".

It doesn't tell me what resources are missing so the only thing I can do is click "Quit".

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uninstall what ever was installed (http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/remove-creative-suite-3-cs3.html)

run the cleaner, http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart you computer.

then properly install cs3 using the install files.  DO NOT MIGRATE.

if you need the install files and if you follow all 7 steps you can dl a trial here:  http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html

and activate with your serial.

if you have a problem dl'g, you didn't follow all 7 steps.  the most common error involves failing to meticulously follow steps 1,2 and/or 3 (which adds a cookie to your system enabling you to download the correct version from adobe.com).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need a trila version since I own the CS3 discs. I also have a CS4 upgrade that I never installed on my last computer.

If I understand you correctly, I should completely remove all of the CS3 applications from my new computer (the ones that moved over with Migration Assistant) and then start a clean install using my CS3 application disc.

Will this avoid the "required resources missing" issue?

My concern is loosing the ability to use PhotoShop (which is currently working) if for some reason, once removed, I can't instal it on this new machine. I use PhotoShop every day.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't need a trila version since I own the CS3 discs. I also have a CS4 upgrade that I never installed on my last computer.

If I understand you correctly, I should completely remove all of the CS3 applications from my new computer (the ones that moved over with Migration Assistant) and then start a clean install using my CS3 application disc.

correct.

Will this avoid the "required resources missing" issue?

hopefully.

My concern is loosing the ability to use PhotoShop (which is currently working) if for some reason, once removed, I can't instal it on this new machine. I use PhotoShop every day.

that's a risk.

you could remove nothing and use your install disks to install whatever you want to add and see if that works. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could remove nothing and use your install disks to install whatever you want to add and see if that works.

This is what I tried. I inserted the disc with the idea of just installing Illustrator but I got the Startup Error: "required resources missing"

I'm not in a financial position to purchase a newer version of Creative Suite if, for some reason, CS3 just won't install on the newest MacBook Pro.

From everything I've been able to find online, supposedly:

Adobe and Apple have worked closely together… All Adobe CC and CS6 products are compatible, but a few products require updates to the latest builds to work properly. Adobe Photoshop® CS5, CS4 and CS3 were also tested with Mac OS X Mavericks and there are currently no major issues known.

The Adobe/Apple statement only mentions PhotoShop as being tested for CS5, CS4 and CS3. No mention of the entire CS3 Suite.

Like you said, that's a risk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can check other users experiences with mavericks and compatiblity with other programs here:  http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

According to roaringapps, CS3 PhotoShop, Illustrator and Acrobat 8 Professional are all suppose to work with Mavericks.

Do you think it's safe to assume that the "required resources missing" error is associated with the migrated apps that are currently installed? It looks like the entire CS3 Suite is in my applications folder with the exception of Illustrator as I didn't have it installed on my last machine.

Hmmmm ... this seems like a somewhat risky decision.

Perhaps before I do anything, I should plug in my external harddrive and do a Time Machine backup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't see it causing any problem to try using what seems to be installed.

if everything works, you're good.  if something doesn't work and you need it, you're back to message 1 and 3.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. What's already installed works fine. However, as it is, I'm unable to install Illustrator from my CS3 disc without the install error. That was what I originally set out to do this morning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2013 Nov 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

I tried running the Uninstall and got the same Setup Error "required resources missing" so I couldn't even run that.

I used App Cleaner to remove all of the CS3 programs and then restarted my MacBook Pro.

I then downloaded the AdobeCreativeCloudCleaningTool.dmg file. I double clicked it in my downloads folder and let it clean up CS3.

Then I restarted my computer again.

I plugged the UBS SuperDrive in and inserted the Adobe Creative Suite' 3 Web Premium Application disk and clicked on Setup.

It starts to set up (initializing set up) and then gives me the same Setup Error "required resources missing".

I even followed this link that you gave me:

http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here. html

And tried to download the File 1 for Trial under Mac and get the following:

HTTP ERROR: 404 /support/downloads/dlm/main.jsp

RequestURI=/support/downloads/dlm/main.jsp

This is crazy. I own this software. I have it sitting in front of me. I just can't get it to install.

Is there somewhere I can get this missing required resource and put it in the correct location so my software will load?

This was not inexpensive software and I have been using it for quite some time on my older MacBook Pro. I shiould be able to continue to use it. Don't you think?

Any other help/ideas will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK

Now I got the ADBESTWDCS3_WWE.dmg file to download from http://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html and when I double click it I get:

"Setup" can't be opened because it is from an unidentified developer.

Now what?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Believe it or not I got it to install from the discs. However, when I go to start PhotoShop the app starts up and then get's stuck when it loads the Adobe CS3 Start Screen (possibly an update screen).

I can't do anything except close the app. AND the only way to close it is Force Quit.

This is beyond frustration!

I've attached a screen shot of what I get when PhotoShop loads.

Screen Shot 2013-11-21 at 8.56.17 PM.png

The only other thing I can do is click on the yellow (center) button in the center (start up/update/splash) screen. The other 2 buttons do not function. That just sends that screen to my dock but PhotoShop is still not usable.

I get the exact same results when I start up Illustrator.

Everything under the top menus is grayed out. The programs are totally unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bingo! That fixed it. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2013 Nov 22, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having the same "required resources missing" issue as StudioDrummer. Up until post 12 below I was very hopefully that this would solve my problem. Unlike StudioDrummer I did not get CS3 to magically install from the disks. When I run the downloaded setup it has the same error: required resources missing. Bummer.

Perhaps because my details are a bit different, there will be a different answer for me. I already uninstalled and cleaned off CS3. I have been using CC for a while now. However, I am teaching a class with InDesign in a few weeks, and the machines in the lab I'm teaching at have CS3, so I'd like to have that on my new MacBook Pro (no SuperDrive, with Mavericks) to bring to the class and lead with on a projector.

History: iMac with Snow Leopard was running CC. Uninstalled CS3. Got new MBP, migrated from iMac. Using the disk over Remote Disk on iMac I attempted to run setup, but it crashed and came up with an error report log to send to Adobe. I found this discussion, downloaded and ran the clean up program for any remaining fragments (just a Toolkit alias found – and deleted, restarted). I downloaded and ran the setup from Prodesigntools, but got the "required resources missing" error.

That's about where I'm at. Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2014 Jan 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you probably won't be able to install cs3 onto snow leopard.  these are the relevant specs:

• PowerPC G4 or G5 or multicore Intel processor
  • Mac OS X v10.4.8-10.5 (Leopard)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I'm installing it into Mavericks. How was StudioDrummer able to install it on Mavericks?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2014 Jan 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

read the above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2014 Feb 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm having the same trouble, but I wasn't able to have the software magically installed from the disks. The software I'm having is Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign. Is there a requirement my laptop doesn't have or is CS3 not compatible with Mac OS X?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2014 Feb 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for compatibility info you can check other user's experiences, http://roaringapps.com/apps:table

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 25, 2014 Dec 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am here... with your same issue.

Got a new MAC for Xmas... and nothing from my old one (first gen mac pro in like, 2009) will run on it.

Photoshop, final cut, pro tools (pro tools was a given because... it never runs right after any update ever).

CS3... I have my info from when I originally bought it... and I can't get it to install. Error. Crash. Cry.

Dumb.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I figured out how to get CS3 installed on a bare mavericks setup.  Go download dreamweaver cs3, install it and run it as a 30 day trial - once its installed the CS3 suite will install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines