• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Flash/Shockwave Problems

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2013 Nov 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for some reason Adobe Flash is Crashing Every day for the last 2 weeks with Firefox i'v reinstalled it and it didn't help one bit and not sure whats going on. my system is a Win 8 (64bit) Firefox version is 25.0

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any help here at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error messages are you seeing (if any) when it crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all it keeps saying is  "adobe shockwave script has stoped responding" then adobe flash ends up crashing and its happening more offten now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

its now gotten to the point where it crashes everyday sometime it crashes every 6hrs and i can't find a reasopn to make it stop cause its hard watchin a 3hr vid on youtube ya half way thro the vid and all of a sudden the plug in stops working and crashes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 30, 2013 Dec 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the following files (Right click and "Save Link as"):

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

Shockwave Player Uninstaller

Flash Player Uninstaller

Shockwave Player 12 FULL Installer

Reboot.

Run the Uninstallers from your Downloads folder, to remove BOTH Flash Player and Shockwave.

Go to: C/Windows/System32 and delete the Macromed folder.

Go to: C/Windows/SysWOW64 and delete the Macromed folder.

Open your Windows Registry Editor (Start>Run or press the Windows key+r. Tpye "regedit" [minus the quotes] and click OK.

In the Registry Editor, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE and delete the Macromedia folder.

Go to: HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and delete the Macromedia folder.

Close the Registry Editor and empty your Recycle bin.

Run the Shockwave FULL Installer first, and THEN the Flash Player Installer. These are offline installers and will require no connection during the process.

If problems persist, try disbaling other plugins and extensions for Firefox, to determine if one or more is conflicting with Flash and Shockwave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2014 Jan 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

got hit by a wall when deleteing  FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe,FlashUtil_ActiveX.dll,Flash.ocx keeps getting you don't have permission to delete these files even tho i have full admin its also givin me a error when deleteing the registrys

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download this file: TakeOwnership.zip

Unzip it and double click the .reg file it contains.

Click "Yes" and "OK" to add the registry entry.

You can NOW take root level ownership (unlimited permissions) of ANY file or folder on your hard drive, or the entire hard drive... with a right click.

Open an Explorer window to your Computer and right click the C drive.

Choose Take Ownership.

A command prompt window will open as permissions are applied to the entire drive. (It'll take a while)

Try the above instructions AFTER you have permission to chaneg everything. It'll go much smoother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never thought that repairing adobe flash would be a pain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've seen a "rash" of permission problems lately with Win 7. I don't know if MS released an update that "pooched" these systems, or what, but it's NOT happening with Xp, Vista or 8... until now that is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

win 8 has been nothing but problems iv noticed havin to wait a month till i'm back on win 7 hardly ever had a problem with adobe on win 7 or xp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2014 Jan 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're preachin' to the choir, there.

I'm a Mac user, and my teenage daughter has more time on my Windows 8 Toshiba laptop than I do, and I've had it since June. She lives with her mom, and has visited twice since I got it. She's put in about two weeks to my 12 hours.

I have 8 and 8.1 as Virtual Machines on my Mac, and they run better on it than 8 does ON THE PC.... go figure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 21, 2014 Feb 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

well used the take ownership to fix the problem and it didn't fix it even after a clean install still getting the constant crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines