• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating requires closing a closed program

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On OS X Mavericks, I am trying to update Flash. It says that Safari needs to be closed, but it is closed. There is no Safari process in the task manager either. The installer should close whatever it needs to close (with permission). So I am stuck and can't proceed without a reboot (I assume).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X doesn't have a "task manager". That's Windows. There's an Activity Monitor, and if Safari is running, you'll see it there.

Download the offline installer here: http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d....

Reboot your Mac to be sure All processes are terminated.

Mount the DMG and run the installer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it was the Activity Monitor I used, don't be picky--they do the same thing. Safari was not listed there. Flash said it had to close to install. So I am stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reboot and run the linked installer.

If that won't go, create a new (admin) account and log in with it. THEN run the installer. The new account WON'T have the same login items as your account so Safari won't be running on login.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines