• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question

New Here ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

since the last update i have this little advertising box in the right corner of my screen, it is intrusive and i cannot close it or get rid of it.  what do i do?   please help. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 14, 2013 Nov 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You were "duped" into installing "adware" from somewhere other than Adobe. There are several thousand "fake" updates out there, from as many sites. Many of them use Adobe logos in violation of international copyright laws, to fool unsuspecting visitors into downloading everything from annoying "adware" like you now have... to outright system-destroying viruses.

Download TDSSKiller from Kaspersky. It's free. Run it to find the offending software. (It may or may not... the "mice" are still a step ahead of the "trap" in most cases.)

Go to your Control Panel and look for ANYTHING that you don't remember installing in the last few days, especially from "File.org", or anything that mentions "download" or "optimizer" in the name. Uninstall it.

Lastly, bookmark these links:

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

They are the FULL installers for Flash Player. ONLY use them for downloading updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines