• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help with Merged WebHelp Steps

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am currently updating all the child projects in a merged RH8 webHelp.   I prefer to work in a development directory on my hard drive and then transfer to my company's shared drive.  Can I update the content of each child and create links within that child and then move the updated child to the shared drive using the proper merged help structure?  At what point can I create the links between child projects?  Do I generate the each child then create the links between child projects and then create the merged help?  I am concerned that my directory structure is conveluted and I would like to simplify it with this update.  I need some guidance on the best practice on how to order my tasks.  Thank you in advance for any help you may offer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you looked at Peter Grainge’s site? Grainge.org - it’s got a ton on merged help…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have and downloaded the file he suggested. I think when I originally published this version of Help I was using RH5. I upgraded to RH8 a few years back and have been trying to get back to revising this Help project for 2 years so my memory is sketchy on the process.

I can see that he has three main folders in his structure. Source/Publish/Generate. Within Source he has the a parent folder that contains the Parent project (which I know has not content) and project folder with 3 child folders each containing the separate child projects. If I set up my structure identically, can I create links between child projects before generating? Should I generate frequently or only when nearing completion?

Thank you for your quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ll have to bow out – I don’t deal with merged help in any of my projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm puzzled by your question as the page on my site specifically includes instruction on how to create links.

Generate whenever you like.

See www.grainge.org for RoboHelp and Authoring tips

@petergrainge

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp