• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting the Red Screen of Death on Captivate 7 when publishing

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have only two images - one comes out fine and the other is red.  Changed the image and the second is also red!!!   AHGGHGHGHGHGH!

TOPICS
Recording

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2013 Nov 15, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Increase slide quality to 24 bit on those affected slides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Default slide quality in CP7 is Optimized, would changing that to High really solve the red images? I used to have them only when slide quality was Low.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 18, 2013 Dec 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the same problem, in 2 x separate projects, i've tried all sorts of fixes, differernt image types, resampling image, changing slide quality. No luck. Just seems to pick images at random.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2013 Dec 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I solved it - it's a memory issue and when I  opened and closes Captivate a few times (weird work-around), it compresses the slides enough so that they all come up OK.  It doesn't help the image quality, but, for this project, that wasn't as important as getting rid of the RSoD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 31, 2013 Dec 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem.

Chances are your images are too large for Captivate to handle. Try opening them in Photoshop or any photo editor and resize them to something much smaller.

In my case down to 1MB worked fine and the image quality was still very good.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried this, but it didn't work completely.  In retrospect, when I do a project with multiple images, I would use another medium - like iMovie.  Thanks for responding.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the suggestions.  I tried resizing it and that helped a little, but the thing that helped more was to open and close the project - and Captivate - several times.  Captivate compresses its contents each time.  The other thing I did was to put some of the images on a PPT and import that.  This cut down on the number of images I had to import into captivate. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources