• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can you download adobe flash to mobile devices, and if so, which ones? Thanks! l

New Here ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you download adobe flash to any kindles or ipads? I like my facebook game and I can't load it on my new kindle fire hdx. Very dissapointed. Can you download flash on ipads?? If so which ones? Thanks for the help

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2013 Nov 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

iPads, which operate on Mac iOS, are specifically incompatible with Flash Player, per Apple design, going back to iOS 1 in 2006. That... will never change... according to Apple.

Kindles and Samsung tablets operate on Android which WAS compatible with Flash Player prior to version 4.0. After that, Android dropped all support for Flash Player (June 2012).

The reasoning for both of these decisions (as Apple stated in 2006) was that playing Flash content is extremely processor consumptive, and it kills batteries, as well as shortening battery life, in mobile devices. It just took Android a little longer to come to the decision to drop support.

Windows phones, 7 and 8 are compatible, and 8 even has Flash Player embedded by Microsoft, like Windows 8 for desktops.

You can find info about "Dolphin" for Android at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=mobi.mgeek.TunnyBrowser It seems to be the browser of choice to play Flash content on an Android device. Also, check the Android forums to see what their "gurus" recommend.

For the iPad, check out SkyFire. It seems to be the preferred iOS browser for Flash content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines