Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is the Adobe ID (email) case-sensitive?

Nov 17, 2013 Nov 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently borrowed a book from my library, downloaded it with Adobe Digital Editions (and was able to open it on the PC) and transferred it to my (Adobe authorized) Kobo Mini reader. Unfortunately the reader refused to open the book because “it is not currently authorized for use with your Adobe ID”. I reset the reader, signed in with my Kobo account, authorized it again with Adobe Digital Editions, but got the same error.

I use one and the same email address as my account ID for Adobe and Kobo but noticed that the one for Kobo is spelled with lowercase letters while the one for Adobe has its first letter capitalized. Is this a problem?

I tried changing my Adobe ID to lowercase on the Abobe's website but got error “That Adobe ID is not available. Please try another address.

This is the first DRM book I am trying to access on my Kobo.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think that the Kobo account is relevant at all.

Also, email address capitalization is usually ignored; though maybe there is some bit of ADE  (Adobe Digital Editions) or the Kobo that does not ignore it.

When you say my (Adobe authorized) Kobo Mini reader I assume you mean that you authorized it using 'Authorize Device' from ADE?

It might be worth trying ADE1.7.2, though I am not at all sure it will help.

ADE 2.0 has some peculiar bugs: for example it won't work at all with most Sony eReaders for reading library books.

Yours is clearly a little better than that, in that it works enough to get the book to the eReader, which is why I am a little pessimistic.

However, using 1.7.2 has proved a success for many different issues with 2.0 on this forum, so worth a go.

@@@

There are lots of bugs in ADE2.0 (and 2.0.1).  Try replacing ADE2.0 with the older but more reliable v1.7.2.

(You can have them both installed at once if you like.)

Version 1.7.2, it is a little difficult to find, available on Adobe site for Windows and for Mac.

http://helpx.adobe.com/digital-editions/kb/cant-install-digital-editions.html

The forum software is sometimes corrupting the link above.  There shouldn't be a blank in 'editio ns.html'.  The following redirects to the same page: http://tinyurl.com/diged172

Some people have found ADE trying to upgrade automatically. 

It appears (not 100% sure) that if you install ADE2.0 as a new install (not as an upgrade) that your 1.7.2 will continue to run.

Probably best to say no if 2.0.x installation asks if you want to migrate your library.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your help sjpt, but no luck with ADE 1.7.2. Same problem.

I may try again starting from scratch... maybe with another account... maybe after calling Kobo... or will simply avoid DRM-protected content on the reader until all stakeholders figure out how to better integrate the various bits and pieces for a seamless end-user experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2022 May 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem.  Did you ever get it sorted out?  I always had a Nook and never had this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines