• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

install button wont install flash player

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I click on the install now button on http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/?promoid=JZEFT it takes me to http://www.adobe.com/, isn't the install button suppose to install the program, I mean it is call the "INSTALL" button, not the "take me back to the main webpage" button, why is it doing this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Welcome to Adobe Forums.

Do you have a MAC ?

Which browser are you using ?

Thanks,

Vikram

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would bet that you use Ghostery or another plugin/extension that filters certain javascripts.

I did the same, and that mangled the download link.

Adobe is clearly not able to provide a simple download option, you need javascript enabled and have to let all javascript execute, even the ones that are marked as possible privacy leaks by Ghostery and similar tools.

This is embarassing, you cannot download security fixes for Flash Player. Security fixes on a page that requires javascript and a whole bunch of it at that. Seriously, security updates should not be dependant on javascript, that many of us disable for *SECURITY REASONS*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player for ActiveX (Internet Explorer)

Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers)

If you CAN'T download those by right clicking (no Javascript involved), then it's time to throw the computer out the window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines