Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Create WebHelp asks to install web browser

Apr 10, 2007 Apr 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I attempt to create a Web Help project in RH 6 I get a message that instructs me to install a web browser (Internet Explorer or Netscape). Obviously, I already have IE 7 installed as well as Firefox. I tried uninstalling RH and reinstalling it - same result. I'm not sure, but this may be the first time I have tried to generate a Web help project since upgrading to RH 6 from RH X5.

This is a serious problem.

Bob Boller
Chelsea Computer Systems

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2007 Apr 10, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

I think the fix for this is pretty simple. You simply close RoboHelp, then configure Internet Explorer as your default browser for Windows. Don't howl, you can still use whatever browser you like. You then start RoboHelp and gen WebHelp. After you do this, close RoboHelp and reset your browser to your desired default.

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2007 Apr 11, 2007

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bob

I know one person has both browsers on his machine and is not having this problem and I believe Firefox is the default. He is able to generate webhelp. I cannot check though until next week as he is on holiday.

I hate to ask but was RH installed with your logon and correct rights? Are you able to generate printed documentation OK?

Rick, haven't we seen this problem before way back? Seems to ring a distant bell.

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When the problem first occurred, I had Firefox as my default browser. I changed to have IE7 as my default and the problem persists. Regarding iinstallation of RH, I only have one user defined and I have administrator rights. I can generate both printed documentation and HTML help.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

More info - I uninstalled Firefox and rebooted my system. The problem persists. I tried a different RH project and got the same result.

Argh!

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hopefully this is your answer. A previous message from Rick!

http://tinyurl.com/yr9tb7

Help others by clicking Correct Answer if the question is answered. Found the answer elsewhere? Share it here. "Upvote" is for useful posts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hooray! Rick's answer was dead on. In the Windows folder options, you must have a browser set as the default program to open HTML files. Apparently, this is how RH finds the browser.

Rick & Peter - Thanks for your help.

Bob

P.S. - I called Adobe Tech Support - They didn't have a clue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Any time Bob. I was going to suggest that you cycle down to Cobham, Surrey sometime so that we could have a pint. Then I checked your website and found you are in California. For some reason I had always thought you were in Chelsea, London, UK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp