Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Kindle Paperwhite

Nov 19, 2013 Nov 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Digital Editions list of approved e-readers does not include Kindles.  Any way to transfer files downloaded on Mac to Kindle Paperwhite?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Adobe DRM files.  Amazon sells the Kindle cheap so it can force up sales of its properietry eBooks.

It should read non-DRM .epub files, or you can convert them to Kindle format using a program such as Calibre.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must disagree since lots of FREE books are available in Kindle format with Overdrive download from my county library. I find Adobe guilty or arrogance and greed more so than Amazon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our library (Hampshire, UK) initially only supported Adobe DRM format for loans.

They now seem to support Overdrive Read as well, I think that is for reading direct from the browser?

No sign of any Kindle support.

It seems lots of US public libraries support Kindle, but not many UK ones.  Where are you?

My main concern with Adobe is that they provide this relatively 'open' infrastructure,

but their support for it is absolutely atrocious; replacing second-rate ADE 1.7.2 with third-rate (fourth-rate?) ADE 2.0 and 2.0.1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm in the US.  My local library support Kindle with Overdrive downloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines