Exit

double quotes/single quote problem in Coldfusion with back end as ORacle

Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2013 Nov 18, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Here is my problem,

I have a user defined function, which will give me the output as " table.column = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype = 'cf_sql_varchar' value = 'test'>;

but when i pass this as my where clause in the query.

I always get missing experssion (00936) error.

When I ON the debug information in CF, I copied the query its running;

any help would be highly appreciated.

I have tried replacing this double quotes with single quotes using Rereplace and replace function;  tried preservesinglequotes(); all are returning the same error.. May be I'm missing something.

THe below is the query formed; and its the one I get when I on the debug information (sql)

SELECT *  FROM  SHOP_FINDINGS  WHERE   ROWNUM<=20 AND (OPER_NAME = <cfqueryparam cfsqltype='CF_SQL_VARCHAR' value='IN STOCK'> )

I m using CF 9 and Apache server.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 20, 2013 Nov 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

59 views No reply.:(

I  need some help ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

<cfqueryparam> is normally used when you want to sanitize user input (URL or Form scope data etc) that is passed to a database query. In this case the string "IN STOCK" is hard-coded, so why not just use:

SELECT * FROM SHOP_FINDINGS

WHERE ROWNUM<=20 AND OPER_NAME = 'IN STOCK'

Does that SELECT statement work? Also, try specifying the column names in the SELECT, rather than using the * wildcard. The parentheses are not needed in your statement either I don't think. This error normally occurs when you specify a missing column name or wildcard, or if a bracket/comma is missing or doesn't match etc. Re-check the query and write a test template to just issue one query to test it perhaps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tribute,

Thanks!!

FOr an example, I made the value as "In Stock" but actually it was the user input.

selecting the columns dint work:(

Yes I m using the test template only; i have made the function and query separately and trying it but still in vain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you please post your code in its entirety? Please also try using "cf_sql_char" as the sql type and give that a shot. Also, try omitting the cfsqltype and see what error, if any, that gives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation